Possible to Go from a D Cup to a B Cup on Petite Woman?

Hi, I am in early twenties, 5'2, weigh 110. I have been 34D since I was 14. My nipples are 2 inches lower than I want them to be, and my breasts are heavier than compatible with a lifestyle as active as I want. (I have tried many different bras and sports bras.) I want to be a B cup, not D. What do you think? Thanks!

Breast Reduction and Breast Size Afterwards?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery. It is one of the most patient pleasing operations we performed. 

I think your stated goals are perfectly reasonable.

Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastreduction.htm

Breast uplift with small reduction

+1

You are an excellent candidate for a small reduction in your size and an uplift of your breasts. This should help you achieve your goal. Unfortunately, because you have been large for so long, your breasts have sagged at a much earlier age. Watch my video.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction Surgery

+1

You have large, sagging and asymmetric breasts which can be readily transformed into smaller and perkier breasts. I doubt the amount of breast tissue removed would be permitted under your insurance plan. You will probably have to pay for it out of pocket. A Short Scar Hall-Findlay Breast Reduction would,in my opinion, give you the best and longest lasting result.

Easy to go from D cup to B cup with breast reduction.

+1

Hi.

I think your expectations for breast reduction are entirely realistic.  You need a vertical breast reduction (Hall-Findlay technique) with lollipop scars that will give you good long term shape.  You probably need to have about 300 to 350 grams of breast tissue removed from each breast.

Risks of breast reduction

+1

More aggressive breast reductions carry the risk of compromising the nerve or blood supply to the nipples.

Breast Reduction Surgery

+1

From your measurements and your photos, it does appear that you may be a very good candidate for breast reduction surgery.

Of all the surgeries that we as plastic surgeons perform, breast reduction has one of the highest satisfaction rates.  It is life changing!

I would recommend you see a board certified plastic surgeon to go over your options.  Your insurance may also cover this as well.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/orange-county-breastreduction-women-newport-beach.php

D to a B cup

+1

In performing a breast reduction, you have to maintain a certain amount of tissue on the breast mound as well as the skin flaps to preserve the blood supply to the tissues. Getting down to a "B" cup may need leave you with enough soft tissue for shape as well as blood supply.

D cup to a B cup

+1

Of course a reduction mammoplasty will accomplish this for you. Seek 3 opinions from boarded surgeons in your area. Happy 4th

Dr. B in MIAMI 

Breast Reduction to B Cup

+1

It appears that a reduction to a B cup in your case is certainly possible.  You should seek a consultation with a Board-certified Plastic Surgeon.  You can either ask your family doctor for a referral or check the ASAPS or ASPS web sites.  Good luck!

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.