3.5 Months Post-op - Too Early for a Steroid Injection into Nasal Tip?

I am 3.5 months post-op and being as patient as possible. My surgeon has admitted the difference between the projected outcome and how the surgery actually turned out (by a couple millimeters on each side), and has offered to do a free revision in a few months. Obviously, the trust is gone, and I don't want him touching my nose again. Is it too early to consider a steroid injection? Could any surgeon perform this? When can a steroid injection be done, and will it affect future revisions?

Steroid Injections after Rhinoplasty

+2

Steroids can be injected into the tip 3.5 months after rhinoplasty. It should be done by a rhinoplasty surgeon and will not interfer with future revisions. Your nose will continue to improve even if no steroids are injected.

Steroid Injection in Nose After Rhinoplasty

+2

Hi B,

Your nose will continue to improve over time.  It actually looks very good at this point and should get more defined as time goes by.  The nose can be injected with steroids to decrease swelling and scar tissue as early as 1 to 2 weeks after rhinoplasty, but in your case, I would continue to wait.  Remember, the reward of patience is patience.  Be well and good luck.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Steroid injections to the nasal tip

+2

Steroid injections can probably be performed at 4-6 weeks after surgery to help reduce swelling.  In most cases the swelling will go away on its own.

Nasal tip steroid injections

+2

Hello, you can certainly inject the nasal tip at 3.5 months post op.  Typically I will inject a nose starting at 3 weeks  to shape a specific area or to reduce excess swelling.  It can truly create some great improvement when used correctly.   Best regards, Dr. D.

Louis M. DeJoseph, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Steroid injections for nasal tip

+2

Steroid injections for fullness just above the tip of the nose can be performed as early as a month or even sooner in some cases.

Remember that injecting steroids will only help with post-operative swelling, and will not change the long-term outcome of your surgery.  If the underlying structure of the nose is not where you want it from an aesthetic standpoint, steroids will not change this.

Best of luck.

Jason Lichtenberger, MD
Bellingham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Steroid Injections in the Nasal Tip

+2

Hi,

Its not too early to inject steroids into the nasal tip. I usually do this as early as 3 weeks postop. You can have this done by any surgeon who is knowledgeable to do  nasal steroid tip injections.

It should not affect future revisions.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS