Early Signs of Capsular Contracture? (Photo)

I am wondering if my left breast is showing early signs of capsular contracture. My BA was on 1/29/14 and I received 325cc in both R/L. Silicone HP Naterelle 20. Also, in terms of resolving the issue (if that's the case), do I start massaging or wearing a band?

Early signs of capsular contracture?

+2
Your surgery was less than 3 weeks ago. It is way too early to make a diagnosis of capsular contracture. There is some asymmetry evident in the photo that you have posted, but you may have had some pre-existing asymmetry prior to your surgery. If you did not (bear in mind that nobody is perfectly symmetrical), then it is still too early to be sure if the asymmetry is due to different degrees of postoperative swelling between the two breasts, or if the asymmetry resulted from the surgery itself. Things will become clearer after a few more weeks have elapsed and the breasts have settled down more.

London Plastic Surgeon

You don't have a contracture less then 3 weeks post-op

+2
but you do have a mild asymmetry of the upper poles.  Ask your surgeon how best to manage this to give you the best possible outcome.  Otherwise you do look very good at this point.

Curtis Wong, MD

Capsular contracture?

+2
I think that it is too early to tell if you have a capsular contracture at such an early point in time.  Follow your surgeon's instructions.

Breast encapsulation

+2
Thank you for the picture and your description. There are four grades of capsular contraction from 1 to 4. Unless you are towards grade 3 then you would not be able to tell of you have it by a picture.  Grade 3 contraction is when you can visibly see the implant distorted in a picture and grade 4 is when it hurts you. You are very early in your postoperative time and appear like you are healing well . Only by an exam can a plastic surgeon tell if you have the start  of capsular contraction. I would follow the massage protocol that your surgeon suggests and seek an examination if you have any further concerns. Some medicines can possibly help reverse early capsular contraction if it is found. Best wishes.

Matthew G. Stanwix, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Capsular Contracture

+2
Thank you for your picture.  Your results looks great thus far.  I do not see signs of capsular contracture but an exam by your PS would give you the best answer.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Early Signs of Capsular Contracture?

+2
Unless there is a severe case of breast implant encapsulation ( involving, for example, breast implant displacement), often it is not possible to make this diagnosis based on photographic evaluation only. In other words, clinical evaluation by your plastic surgeon will be necessary for accurate diagnosis as well as treatment recommendations. Keep in mind, that treatment recommendations may vary from one physician to another ( and that ultimately your plastic surgeon is responsible for your care). Best wishes; hopefully you will be pleased with the longer-term outcome of the procedure performed.