How Early Can You See the Results of the Tummy Tuck?

I had my surgery 2 weeks ago. I am still extremely swollen and when I take off the compression garment, I am not happy at all with how I look. I was wondering if it is possible to see the results even though I am still very swollen. I looked good before, just too much skin, now I avoid the mirror.

How long to see the results of a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)

+1

I would recommend waiting at least 3 weeks to assess the results of your tummy tuck. It is quite common to be swollen for several months. I also find that the use of core strengthening exercises will enhance the results of a tummy tuck but should not be performed for a minimum of 3 weeks.

The results of a Tummy tuck are seen immediately

+1

Depression is normal after surgery after you should not allow it to take over. The results of a Tummy tuck are seen immediately and improve as the swelling subsides. You may wish to ask your surgeon to see your BEFORE picture to refresh your memory on how you really looked and compare to your figure now.