Is It Too Early to Remove the Silicone Implant in my Nose? Female-asian-24years

I just had my rhinoplasty a week ago (I know it's early) with a L-shaped silicone implant. I didnt realize how having something foreign in my body could affect me. I do not like it at all. I know that the swelling will go down and it will probably look better and better. However, I do not want this silicone or any other surgery done to me/inside me. I was wondering if I could take out the silicone after 2 weeks? Will my nose go back what is was? and what is the healing time(approx)?

Immediate Nasal Implant Regrets - the next step

+1
Yes you can remove your silicone implant anytime, however I would recommend that you at least wait several weeks to months to see what you will look like. You and your surgeon I am sure thougth a lot about it prior to this surgery. I recommend returning to your surgeon and having a heart to heart talk about this.

Web reference: https://pacificcenterplasticsurgery.com/procedures/face/nose-reshaping/

Removal of silicone implant is fairly straight forward

+1

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your surgical outcome.  There is a component of psychology to all of these face and body contouring changes that we do.  You will be best served by discussing this with your plastic surgeon.  I suspect he/she will ask you to wait a little longer to make sure you are making an educated decision from as non-emotional place as you can be.

Dr. Remus Repta

Web reference: http://drrepta.com

Asian Rhinoplasty - Implant

+1

It is probably too early at this point, however I have had many patients have their implants removed.  Generally, I avoid using foreign material to raise the bridge of the nose in Asian Rhinoplasty.  I prefer using cartilage from within yourself to rebuild the bridge to avoid the use of any foreign material and avoid any complications that may arise from that.  Patients don't realize that this surgery requires more work that just placing an implant in and often choose having an implant because of the lower cost without realizing that it may cost them more in the long run.

1 week post-op

+1

Yes - one week post surgery is still very early for you to judge the results of your surgery - wait at least 6 months before giving up on the procedure

Web reference: http://www.seattlerhinoplasty.com/html/index.php

+1

Very hard to advise on the limited info you have posted. We do not know if there was additional nasal work done so if removal of the implant might cause or lead to a collapse. Please discuss with the chosen operative surgeon.  

Removing silicone implant from nose not so simple

+1

Sadly, most likely your nasal bones were rasped down in order to create the appropriate base shape to accomodate the silicone dorsal implant.  Removing the implant may result in a very flat nasal bridge with an open roof deformity.  I do agree that the L-section should be removed but you may need to always have something on the nasal bridge at this point.  If you don't want silicone, your other choices would be severly limited, IMHO and subject to uneven absorption and nasal deformation over the next 10-15 years and include rib cartilage.  Sorry, I couldn't give you better news.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Freaking out with nasal implant

+1

1 week? that's way too early to consider throwing away the most important element of your procedure and perhaps leaving you worse off. ride it out for at least 3-6 months, unless there is a complication, of course.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Remove silicone implant

+1

Please wait! It's likely that you are now reacting to a significant change in your appearance. Allow the swelling to heal and give yourself some time to see if you enjoy the new look.  If other things have been done to your nose besides the implant it will not be the same. You will have to replace the implant with something else to balance these changes. You may decide to use your own cartilage or change the size of the implant but it will take time to see the final result.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post rhinoplasty anxiety about silicone implant

+1

This is a very common concern and anxiety that is experienced by rhinoplasty patients, especially nasal implants and cartilage grafts. You need to wait for at least two months, during this time swelling will subside and most patient start liking their nose. Do not rush. Good luck and good healing. Dr. Kevin Sadati

Web reference: http://www.orangecountynosejob.com

It's way too early

+1

It is common to have some anxiety early on after any type of rhinoplasty.  I would recommend you wait until the intial swelling goes down (at least a month or two) before beginning to even consider performing a revision.  A lot of times, the nose will not go back to your "old nose" with simple implant removal.  It depends upon the other techniques performed during your surgery.  You should discuss this with your surgeon.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon