Is This an Early Hypertrophic Scar?

i had a thyroglossal cyst removed a week and a half ago, and i'm afraid this is a hypertrophic scar forming on my neck. it's still early in the healing process, but i'm getting a bit paranoid. i'm asking this forum and not my surgeon because i'm out of town, and maybe with some feedback i can get on top of it? i have hypertrophic scars on my shoulders from surgery 10 years ago, but i thought those were more due to a growth spurt than anything.

Early scar treatment and management

+1

The neck is a difficult area for scarring.  Early intervention with pulsed dye laser may help your scar recover from the surgery.  

Web reference: http://www.surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/38/scar-revision.aspx

Scar evolution

+1

It is too soon after surgery to tell whether or not this scar will hypertrophy. In my experience it takes 4 to 6 weeks after surgery for the scar to begin to declare itself although measures can be taken right away in order to end up with a more favorable scar. I am curious why you say this was a thyroglossal cyst. As the word indicates it is related to the thyroid and the tongue which are in the front of the body. This was on the back of your head/neck and the spinal column lies between the back of the head/neck  and the originating structures of a thyroglossal cyst. I suspect this was something else.