I'm 4 days post op from Open Rhinoplasty. Is it too early for my disposable stitches to fall out? (photo)

My stitches appear to be coming out 4 days post-op from open rhinoplasty. Is this too early and if so is there anything my surgeon can do to correct this?

I'm 4 days post op from Open Rhinoplasty. Is it too early for my disposable stitches to fall out?

+2
Not sure? Why not see your surgeon NOW! Great question for your surgeon to handle since he/she placed the sutures... 

Rhinoplasty and absorbable sutures

+2
I think that you should discuss this with your surgeon, but absorbable sutures usually stay in and dissolve within a week or so. Most are just used internally.

4 Days Post Rhinoplasty #nosejob

+2
It is common for dissolvable sutures to fall out early. Sometimes those knots can be lose. Just make sure you communicate with your surgeon to make sure the incision is not opening up at all.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Are Your Sutures Coming Out Too Soon After Your Rhinoplasty? Call Your Surgeon And Ask

+1
I couldn't agree more with the last answer. One of the main reasons you choose the surgeon you do is just for this issue. There are going to be things that happen after every surgery that you are going to be unsure about. You need to be comfortable enough to call and ask. If I were your surgeon I would want you to call me right now so that I could have you come by the office for a quick look. Go ahead- pick up the phone.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
If there is any concern, your should return to your surgeon for an assessment.  It is hard to evaluate something like this over the internet.

Rhinoplasty sutures absorbing

+1
Your absorbable suture may resorb this early depending on the type of suture used.  This process may be sped up by using peroxide to clean the incision.  I would see your surgeon if tit appears the incision is opening up, otherwise continue to care for it and make your surgeon aware.

Mark Ginsburg, DO
Media Facial Plastic Surgeon