To early for mini lift at 36? (Photo)

I dislike what I think is premature jowling and laxity in my lower face. Also my jawline is becoming less and less defined. I think I need a mini or MACS lift. I did speak to a plastic surgeon but he said I was only 36 and did not need it. Would I benefit from a lift? I have tried juvederm but need a lift. My face is red in photos as I had a dermaroll today. Thanks.

There is no age limit for a facelift

+2
You are not too young for a facelift, and your jawline would be improved, but I would also recommend adding some volume to your cheeks with fat grafting or fillers. You look like a candidate for an in office procedure under local, but this can only be determined by an in person consultation. Best of luck!
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

To early for mini lift at 36?

+2
The time for a facelift is when you need it!  So, yes, you do have laxity in your face and jowl area.  A mini-facelift would remove that and give you a refreshed, youthful 36 year old face!

Web reference: http://www.beverlyhills-plasticsurgery.com/palmer-celebrity-facelift/

Is 36 too young for a mini-facelift? Yes.

+2
I would agree with the surgeon you met with. 36 is very young to undergo a first facelift procedure. You do appear to have more volume loss than would be expected in your mid-30s. With that said I am not surprised that Juvederm did not create the improvement you were looking for. Since much of your volume loss is in your cheeks you would likely benefit more from Voluma cheek injections with some Juvederm Ultra Plus placed in your nasolabial folds. While injectable treatments are temporary they would likely act as a bridge to maintain your volume and minimize any more deflation of your face until you reach an age where a facelift procedure might be more appropriate. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/facelift-necklift/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Possibility of Facelift

+1

Yes, you do have some of the early signs of facial aging. Mini Lift is one possibility.  You may also want to consider structural fat grafting and/or more aggressive laser resurfacing.

To be sure, see two or more board certified and experienced plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation.

Web reference: http://www.drjjwendel.com/laser-skin-resurfacing

Age not a restriction

+1
Hi Thickskin 77: your age alone is not the only consideration.  Looking at just these 2 photos, it is difficult to fuly appreciate your aging process, but you do appear to have some premature lower facial aging.  In the pictures I can see, you appear to have a small jaw, which means there is less structure to stretch the skin over.  So, even if you do decide to have a facelift, you might benefit from a chin implant as well.  I would need to see more photos to know for sure. You do also seem to have lost volume from your cheeks.  While you have tried Juvederm, you might consider something like Sculptra to add some volume in general back to your face.  Some sculptra and a chin implant now might really slow your aging process and allow you to wait until 45-50 for a facelift, if you wanted to wait.   
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Not too young for a mini lift at age 36

+1
From your photos, you would be a good candidate for a lower face/neck lift under tumescent local anesthesia for roughly $8800. It would certainly improve your jawline and neck and be easy to undergo. Sincerely, David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.DrBeverlyHillsMD.com

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Not too young

+1
From what I see in your photos, you have significant loss of mid face and lower face volume, significant jowls, loss of definition to your neck and probably a short chin.  This is more than I would expect at age 36.  I have to be curious about what may have caused the loss of volume in your face.  A MACS lift may not be enough for you.  You really should not be picking your own surgical technique.  All the techniques have their own pluses and minuses in the hands of different surgeons.  I usually use a MACS lift as a limited revision technique.   You probably will need some volume replacement in addition to a facelift.  You may need chin augmentation also. You need to find a surgeon with whom you feel comfortable and, with that surgeon, come up with a reasonable and realistic plan.  Also, if you are a smoker, the results of the surgery may not be as good as you would like.  I have attached a link below.

Web reference: http://www.drbentkover.com/procedures/facelift-worcester-boston.shtml

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift including neck for sagging and jowls.

+1
Facelift including neck for sagging and jowls is what you need. The reason is that your genetics have given you this--thanks mom and dad! Anything short of this and u r wasting your money. See a very experienced facelift surgeon to get your money's worth. 

Too young for a facelift?

+1
From your photos, you do have volume loss in your cheeks and around your mouth with some excess skin in the jowl area and under your neck. Based on this, you would benefit from some kind of lift and I would suggest also adding volume to your face. If juvederm does not work, then I would consider a fat transfer procedure. You would need an exam in person to determine for sure and to get an idea of what your results would look like. 
A candidate for a facelift is not determined based on age, but on whether significant results can be achieved. In reality, most 'younger' people are not candidates based on this criteria as they do not have excess skin that could be significantly improved with a facelift, however, every patient is different. We all age differently due to different factors, such as significant weight loss, skin quality and genetics, so a candidate for a facial rejuvenation procedure is done on case by case basis. Hope this helps. 

Facelift

+1
Aging is multifactorial, genetics plays a role, aging, weight loss, deflation of the face, and sun exposure are few factors.
Based on the pictures posted, there is some deflation of the face with deep nasolabial fold, perioral wrinkles, that respond very well by doing a facelift. with or without fat grafting.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.