Is It Early for Macs Lift? (photo)

I am 20 years old.My chin is big and full of fat.Instead of jowl line.Sagging started. I prefer macs lift,because Dermal filler ll pull my face down. I am getting into depression.my under cheek fat goes down,please help me.

Too Early for lift?

+1

It is to early for you to be considering any time of facelift at 20. Some young patients opt for liposuction, but if you are truly depressed, that should be addressed before considering surgery.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

No macs lift (or any facelift) at 20!

+1

20 years old id too young to consider a facelift of any variety.  Based on your photo and description of the problem you might want to explore reduction surgery of chin or even surgery of your jaws.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Facelift Surgery in Your 20s

+1

Twenty year-olds do not get face lifts because they don't need them. You have a youthful appearance to your lower face without any jowling or sagging. I can't see the rest of your face to assess proportions, but you may have a slightly longer appearing lower 1/3rd of your face.

Depending upon your teeth and jaw alignment, you could consider orthognathic surgery or a genioplasty (movement of the chin bone). I do not think you would benefit from any kind of facelift/ MACS lift or fillers.

Ashley B. Robey, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Too early for facelift?

+1

In general, it would be highly unusual for a 20 year old to need a facelift (Macs lift).  From your photo, I would say that surgery would not benefit you at this time.  I would also not recommend any dermal fillers for you.  As you age, you will begin losing volume in your face naturally.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Too early for Surgery

+1

At twenty years of age you are way too early for any facial rejuvenation. Everyone will eventually get to the point where a facial rejuvenation procedure could benefit them; however, a twenty year old should enjoy their youth and hold off on any surgical rejuvenation procedure. Best Wishes.

Manuel A. Lopez, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Too Early For Facelift

+1

Based on your photos and age, it is too soon to consider a facelift.  Your skin appears youthful and smooth.  Take care of your skin, and use good treatment products.  Visit with a dermatologist yearly to help maintain good skin.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Too early for facelift surgery

+1

Based on your photos and your age range, it is too early to consider surgery.  The purpose of a facelift, even a mini or MACs lift is to tighten and lift loose tissue and skin.  Your skin looks tight and your jaw and neckline are youthful and smooth. 

Jessica Kulak, MD
Fairfax Facial Plastic Surgeon

Don't do facial surgery too early

+1

Based on the photo, I think it is way to early to consider surgery. The change would be minimal and you would have to deal with scars, even though they usually do well. I would wait at least 5-10 years and reevaluated. Moderate use of fillers in the mean time can help, if necessary.

John Alexander II, MD

Too Early For MACS Lift

+1

Based on the photo shared, it is too early for a MACS lift.  It is unlikely to help with your concerns.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Macs lift for a 20 year old

+1

Thank you for asking your question. I would not advise a surgical intervention based on your photos and I would not advocate a Macs lift as the results (for people who meet criteria for a facelift) are inferior to a number of other options.

Be healthy and be well,

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS