Very Early Capsular Contracture (3.5 Weeks Post-op)? (photo)

I am 3.5 weeks post op (255 cc polyurethane, silicone implant, subglandular, areolar) and thought it would be a good idea to start sleeping on my side, but as soon as I try moving my body to the side (either side) I feel a combination of sharp and dull pain in my right breast. The pain subsides within a min or so, and then comes back again as soon as I try to move again. Massaging my right breast, and lifting my right arm and bringing it down also produces a dull pain (and at times sharp pain).

Three weeks too early for capsular contracture

+1

Thank you for your question. The pain is normal following breast augmentation. It is too early at 3 weeks to have a capsular contracture.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/result-oriented-breast-augmentation-breast-enlargement/

Very Early Capsular Contracture (3.5 Weeks Post-op)?

+1

Thanks for the posted photos. You might be starting CC but you MUST massage! Best to return to your operative surgeon to discuss. 

Early breast augmentation result

+1

At 3.5 weeks after breast augmentation, you may experience different sensations when pushing on your breasts. These in all likelihood are a normal part of healing.  Usually this gets better with time. If it does not, then you shoudl see your doctor.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.