Possible early capsular contracture? 180cc saline unders. (photo)

I'm 5 weeks post op. the right has always been more painful, sat higher and had more problems. I wear the compression band on right to help it fall but it doesn't seem to be working. The left is completely soft and you can't tell there's an implant. when I squeeze or massage the right i can feel the implant. It doesn't feel hard but it's definitely harder. when I lay on it I can feel it more than the right. I'm freaking out that I have capsular contracture and can't see my doc for 10 days

Capsular Contracture: Signs And Symptoms

+1
Your breast look very natural.  But, obviously they feel abnormal to you.
Your doctor can prescribe singular before your appointment or see you sooner if needed.
Massage should help.

Possible early capsular contracture? 180cc saline unders.

+1

Posted photos do not show a CC. But only IN PERSON examination would allow that diagnosis to be made..//

Capsular contracture

+1
Quit freaking out it is way too early to even think about capsular contracture and from the photos at this point in time you appear to have a very good result. Be patient and see your PS in 10 days Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

5 wks post-op a capsular contracture

+1
It is unlikely that you developed a capsular contracture this early. The photos looks good. Of course, an exam in person would be best.

Early capsular contracture?

+1

Hello Alohagirl714

It sounds and appears like you and your surgeon are doing everything well. You are looking great for only five weeks postop. Keep in mind that each side will always have different pains and different healing rates but over ensuing months, these concerns should disappear. 

Keep doing what you are doing, keep your appt in 10 days and don't worry about them until then. 

Good luck. 

Mark Anton, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Things look fine!

+1
Alohagirl:  Of course we can't tell for sure from a photo but what I can see looks great!  It's extremely common to have one side heal at a faster rate than the other side.  We literally get asked that question every single patient day.  You are too early to develop a capsular contracture. 
Keep your follow up appointment in 10 days.  Unless you are running a fever and the breast is red or extremely tender you do not need to be seen sooner.
Good luck!

G. Robert Meger, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breasts often heal at different rates after surgery

+1

You are early after surgery, and this is not an emergency.  See your plastic surgeon when you can, as only an exam can determine what is going on.  Your photos look great, so there's not much to tell from them.  Sometimes an implant doesn't drop, or the pocket is too small, giving an early firm feel.  These things often correct without surgery.  A capsular contracture usually happens in the future, and takes time to develop.

Douglas J. Mackenzie, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Concerns about capsular contracture

+1
Capsular contracture seems doubtful. However, without knowing the approach for the procedure, placement and postop activity level, it  is hard to make an assessment. With capsular contracture, there is usually one breast with more swelling or discomfort than the other. In my practice, capsular contracture is a rare occurrence in breast augmentation.

Keep in mind that the usual natural history of a post-surgical breast is that it takes a period of approximately 12 weeks to feel and appear within normal limits. You are still healing. 

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon