Not Too Early for Brow Lift? Will It Make Forehead Wider?

I am a 33-years old Caucasian. I saw a plastic surgeon for my eye bags. He says the top lid blepharoplasty is not going to have as much effect as the brow lift + low lid blepharoplasty. 1. I am not sure if it is correct age to have my forehead lifted (may be in a few years time, when i have more wrinkles? but what to do with the droopy lids now?) 2. Won't it make my forehead wider? 3. What method is the best for my round-shaped face with uneven eyebrows? TQ!

Brow lift and age

+1

It is difficult to say what is best for you without an exam .I agree 31 is pretty young for a brow lift, but thereare always exceptions.

Young and brow lift

+1

I would be interested in seeing a photograph because your age is very young for someone to have a brow lift.  Make sure you are going to see a board - certified plastic surgeon.

Samer W. Cabbabe, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

It is not common for a 33 year-old to need a browlift

+1

A browlift is usually used to correct aging changes which occur much older than 33. Occasionally it can be used to change the way you look if you have very low brows with an angry or brooding look. But most 33 year-olds do not need a browlift, and rarely need eyelid surgery unless they are Asian and want to add an eyelid crease or have lower eyelid bags that cause a tired look. 

Jeffrey Schiller, MD
Staten Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

There is no "correct" age for brow lift

+1

A brow lift is only performed for patient’s who have low eyebrows regardless of age. If the distance between your eyelashes to your eyebrows is acceptable, then only undergo the upper blepharoplasty. A brow lift will tend to raise the hairline unless the incisions are placed at the hairline. An upper blepharoplasty is performed to reduce excess skin and remove some puffiness on the medial aspect of the upper lids.  

Age for Browlift

+1

Regardless of age, you should consider a brow lift whenever it is needed because low brows cause hooding and a heavy, tired appearance. A brow lift should be done before or at the same time as upper eyelid skin removal to ensure there is adequate skin to close the eyes after browlift surgery. To avoid a wider forehead we developed a technique in which the incision is made at the hairline to improve or maintain hairline position. Hair will grow through or in front of that incision, allowing total freedom of hair styling.

Eyelid Lift VS. Brow Lift with or without Eyelid Lift

+1

Regarding:  "Not Too Early for Brow Lift? Will It Make Forehead Wider?
I am a 33-years old Caucasian
. I saw a plastic surgeon for my eye bags. He says the top lid blepharoplasty is not going to have as much effect as the brow lift + low lid blepharoplasty. 1. I am not sure if it is correct age to have my forehead lifted (may be in a few years time, when i have more wrinkles? but what to do with the droopy lids now?) 2. Won't it make my forehead wider? 3. What method is the best for my round-shaped face with uneven eyebrows? TQ
!"

Without an examination, must less a photograph it is impossible to answer your question as it may pertain to you. 

In general, the vast majority of excess upper lid skin is misdiagnosed. Most commonly it is the result of sagging brows which in coming down give the APPEARANCE of excess upper lid skin. Removing this skin instead of lifting the brows is a mistake; It will cause FURTHER brow sagging but worse yet, it will make subsequent lifting of the brows to where they need to be impossible without robbing the eyelids and making closing of the eyes hard.

There are MANY ways to lift brows with the latest techniques focusing on a lateral lift which is more natural and does NOT involve the mid scalp or hair removal. It will NOT give you a high forehead or a fake look if the right operation is performed for the right condition.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Too Early for Brow Lift- Make Forehead Wider

+1

Thanks for the questions but it is IMPOSSIBLE to answer since you failed to post ANY photos. So I think you are too young, There are many options for which operation would fit your circumstances. So saying yes to your questions will only mis lead you. Best of Luck. 

Brow lift and Lower Blepharoplasty in younger person

+1

Without a picture I can only talk in generalities. What you were told sounds very reasonable. Low brows crowd the upper eyelids and, frequently, a brow lift will correct them totally. When the brow is low, the lower eyelids also frequently need lifting. This can happen at any age and, in some, is an inherited trait. Short of surgery, the only option is Botox to the brow depressors and fillers to the creases under the eyes.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Correct age for browlift and eyelid lift

+1

33 does seem a little young for a browlift, however some women may have had low brows most of their lives and desire correction.  A browlift should not make your forehead wider but can make it longer depending on the type of lift.   If your brows are uneven, you may consider a chemical browlift with Botox or Dysport to provide more symmetry.  An upper eyelid lift (blepharoplasty) can help with droopy eyelids or excess skin to the upper eyelids.  See a specialist for a proper evaluation.

Etai Funk, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon