How Early After Wounding to Start Using Peels/dermabrasion to Prevent Hypertrophic Scarring?

I had a 5mm-long 4mm-deep cut on my chin 4 days ago.Already have a hypertrophic scar on my chin from a similar cut, so now using Mederma on this new partially-healed wound. The earlier you treat the scar - the better,so how long should I wait before using peels/dermabrasion on my new wound to PREVENT a hypertrophic scar from forming? If I use peels/dermabrasion now is it going to help prevent scarring or on the contrary, provoke my skin to produce too much collagen forming a hypertrophic scar?

It is better to use IPL, Pulsed Dye Laser or Fracitonal non ablative lasers.

+2

It is better to use IPL, Pulsed Dye Laser or Fracitonal non ablative lasers such and the Starlux 1540 or the Fraxel Restore 1550 laser.  These are more likely to inhibit more scar formation and will help supress the hypertorphic scar that you already have from a previous injury. 

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon