How Early After Having a Brazilian Butt Lift Can I Have Butt Implants? (photo)

I am 5 weeks post op from my BBL, Im So Disappointed bc i already had a Nice booty to start, i just wanted it to be A LOT BIGGER!! It being more than a month post op and my booty isn't more than 5% bigger than it was prior to my bbl,which is SO frustrating. Anyways i made up my mind to do a round 2 BBL, but i am worried about the same thing happening , or my body absorbing most of the injected fat.So,how long do i have to wait till I even go under again?& will large implants look very Fake on me?

Fat Absorption After BBL

+5

Thank you for the question.  I'm sorry you are currently less than thrilled with your results.  I cannot stress enough the importance of waiting a full 6 months after your procedure.  You need to allow your body time to heal.  You also still have swelling from the fat harvesting (liposuction) which may be partially masking your result.  If after that time you are still dissatisfied, meet with your surgeon to discuss your options.  I generally discourage large buttock implants because the risk of complications increases with the size of the implant.

Buttock Implants after BBL

+2

The gold standard waiting time for most revision surgery is 6 months, however, if you already know you want buttock implants next time around it's not too early to start researching the doctor you may want to go with.  I would recommend scheduling a consultation at about the 4 or so month time period so that the surgeon can get familiar with your case and how your buttock tissues are recovering from the BBL.

Additionally, allow me to share with you what you may not hear from others and what I tell all of my patients.  Currently the only two safe and effective methods for Buttock Augmentation are Autologous Fat Transfer (transfer of your own fat to the buttocks, aka "Brazilian Butt Lift") and Buttock Implants (semi-solid soft silicone rubber implants).  Both are very good options so what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection.  Indeed because at least 50+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest.  Thus buttock implants become a very good, safe, predictable, and long-term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock augmentation (at least in my practice). I personally recommend either the round or the oval shaped implants dependent upon the natural anatomic shape of the patient's buttock cheeks.  The implant is typically inserted through a 2 ½ inch long incision over the tailbone (concealed within the crevice between the top of the buttock cheeks).  The implant should always be placed under or within the gluteus maximus muscle.  In this position, the implant is less palpable, less visible, and does not sag or shift/migrate over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle.  Therefore it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this technique.  Additionally, in this type of surgeons hands the often quoted "high risks" of complications especially infection are actually much lower around 5%. Hope this helps...RAS

Ryan Stanton, MD

Butt Implants following a Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

I recommend waiting between 6 months to one year before considering gluteal implants.  If you were thinking about more fat transfer, you can do this as soon as 3 months post-operative.  However you may need to gain more weight in order to have more donor sites for the fat transfer.  You look great by the way! Good luck!

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Bigger butt

+2

If what you really want is a very large butt, you do not have enough fat to give you that.

Wait atleast 6 months before considering another surgery. If you understand the limitations and the risks associated with butt implants, and willing to accept those limitation then you can go ahead with a butt implant.