Earlobes Are Not Torn, but Piercing Has Closed Up - Can I Get Them Re-pierced?

Can I get my earlobes repierced? Problems when I was young made it impossible to wear earrings and so after all these years, they have closed up.

Repiercing ears after closed

+1

Yes, you should be able to have your ears repierced if they closed up simply from not wearing earrings for years.  Good luck.

Katy Plastic Surgeon

Closed earring holes

+1
Your ears can be repierced that this should not be a problem. I recommend piercing with sterile technique and using earrings that are 14 karat gold posts.

Repiercing earlobe

+1

Thank you for your question. Yes, you should not have a problem repiercing your earlobes. An old piercing site which has closed up is alone not a contraindication to repiercing. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.pearsonmd.com/earlobe-repair.htm

Ear piercing closed

+1

If your ear pierced holes have closed, you can get them re-pierced and it should not be a problem.  Good luck.

Earlobe piercing has closed up--re-piercing is absolutely possible!

+1

Thank you for asking, as most patients would simply go ahead and do what they wanted, which in this case is perfectly OK. It should be done with a sterile piercing tool to reduce the risk of infection, and you should use a good-quality 14K gold stud to prevent allergic irritation. Keep the pierce site clean with rubbing alcohol. Go ahead and use the same spot if you like its placement!

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/index.html

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Treating splint earl lobe and healed piercing

+1

I would remcommend repairing your torn earl lobes first and then considering ear piercing 6 weeks later.

Piercing after earlobe tear

+1

Your earlobes can be repierced safely.  The epithelialized tunnel from the old piercing is likely closed. 

Re-Piercing ok

+1

Re-piercing is ok to do, whether it is for earlobes, nostrils, or belly-button rings.  Unused sites will often heal back up, so occasional use will prevent the need for re-piercing.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Ear piercings that have closed can be opened easily

+1
Often piercings without earrings to hold them open will close over time. It is no problem to repierce with a new sterile piercing stud.
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Repiercing of earlobes

+1

Repiercing of earlobes after they have closed should not be a problem.  If the original piercing was elongated or torn and then healed, the new piercing should be placed away from the scar if possible.

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon