How Much to Have Earlobe Hole Closed?

I used to have size 0 plugs about 4-5 years ago. I have taken them out and the holes remain which are shown in the picture. I am looking to start my career and would hate to have this affect any interview I go on. how much would this cost me to have fixed? i reside in the Torrance(los angeles) area.

Procedure to fix ear lobe hole

+1

It is not uncommon for a patient to seek repair of an earlobe hole especially in the situation that you are in .  We commonly repair this problem as an office based procedure under local anesthesia.  It is some times possible to only excise the hole and then repair the front and back of the earlobe.  If there is any distortion of the lobe then sometimes  a more extensive procedure is necessary.   

Repair of Damaged Ear Lobes

+1

We commonly repair gauge holes and torn holes in the ear lobe.  We fix these in the office so their is no anesthesia fee.  Prices start around $300 but goes up depending on the size of the hole and complexity of the situation.  Find someone you trust and with a significant amount of experience.  Good luck!

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

The cost should be around 500-2500 depending on who you go to

+1

This should be an easy repair. I would base my decision on all the factors not just price. The less expensive route could turn out to be alot more expensive with issues with the closure and repair.  Below is a video to illustrate our answer better. We have other informative videos and information on our website and a link is included to help you find us.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ear closing costs

+1
You are wise to close the ear plug hole before starting your career. IN NY, the fee for this surgery would be $750. In the particular area of your hole, the fee may be higher due to complexity.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Earring hole closure depends on the size of the hole, etc.

+1

Earring hole closure depends on the size of the hole, etc. If you are not going to wear earrings again, then the closure is about $500. For larger holes the cost goes up dramatically if the person wants to wear earrings.

Closing ear piercings?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Closing ear piercings is a very commonly performed procedure  done under local anesthesia with  no recovery time. 

Generally, this procedure costs $500-1000 depending on the situation. Like any other procedure, the skill and experience level of the surgeon is important and complications may arise-seek consultation with a well-trained board-certified plastic surgeon.

Cost for closing ear lobe holes can vary

+1

Depending on who you go to, repairing ear lobe holes can cost $300 per hole and up.  If you have it done in a dermatologist's office, under local anesthetic, it will cost much less than if you have it done in a surgery center.  Typically dermatologist's are less expensive as we do multiple small procedures like this all day long but that may not always be the case.  For holes such as yours that are not too large and are not torn through the bottom of the earlobe, we typically charge $350 per side.  For larger holes that have deformed the earlobe and torn earlobes, it can cost more.  The costs can also vary depending on where in the country you reside.  In the LA area it may cost more than in a suburb or rural area, due to higher overhead costs for the physician.

Just make sure you go to someone with a lot of experience repairing earlobes, not just any dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon