Liposuction vs. Chin Tuck - What's the Best Option for Me?

Regarding the chin tuck and scarring that I asked about earlier.....I am actually leaning towards the liposuction option more than a chin tuck....got my terms mixed up. It seems like the best option with the least amount of scarring. Here is my picture....maybe that will give you a better idea of what will work best for me. Thanks!

Liposuction of the jawline and neck trims it up great.

+2

Liposuction should do great for you and it is done under local anesthesia only and with no stitches and only 1 day off work for around $2500-3250.

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com/drdavidhansen/landing/

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction vs chin tuck?

+1

This is difficult to determine accurately with just a smiling photo.  There are two concerns when addressing the submental region. Fat and skin.  Judging from your youthful looking photo your skin appears to have good tone.  This would mean that your skin will contract nicely following liposuction making you a good candidate for liposuction alone.   Of course, if the skin remains loose,  you have the option to have a chin tuck later. 

PHOTO: I vote for chin liposuction

+1

Given your young age and apparently good skin tone, I think you would get a nice result with chin liposuction.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/

Submental Lipo or Chin Tuck?

+1

If you just have fat in the neck area than liposuction will work best but it you have loose skin then you would want to get a tuck.  In your case I would recommend the submental liposuction.

Web reference: http://www.dr-youngforever.com

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the neck is all that is required for most young people.

+1

From your picture, you appear young.  Your skin should not be an issue in fullness under the chin and the platysmal muscle is most assuredly in good position.  That leaves only the fat of the chin which should be easily removed by liposuction often under local anesthesia only.

Neck lipo

+1

I would lean towards liposuction alone.  I don't see any platysmal bands or any other evidence that you need a tightening procedure based on the picture.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for full chin

+1
With good skin elasticity, that you seem to have, and only excess fat but not skin, that you also seem to have, you are a good candidate for Liposuction alone. To tell for sure, you need a consult.
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Chin liposuction vs open neck surgery

+1

Without a formal exam to assess your skin quality, the amount of subcutaneous fat, etc.. it is hard to say what is best for you. Just from the picture, I would say you may be a good candidate for just liposuction.

Liposuction vs. Chin Tuck

+1

Thanks for posting the frontal photo. The answer or advise to you is how much improvement do you want? I recommend Smart Lipo 18 watts + lipo as the initial choice. Easy operation, fast recovery, and might just achieve what you wanted. But lets say you are not satisfied than a neck lift can be done as the second alternative. Hope my plan helps. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski

Liposuction versus chin lift

+1

In most cases, the factor that tilts the decision toward liposuction is the quality of what we call the skin envelope, or what a layman might refer to as the sagginess of the skin. In a more youthful person like yourself, liposuction works very well. In older patients who do not have significant excess skin, liposuction also works very well. I do agree with my colleagues that a lateral view is extremely useful in determing what might work best with you, but liposuction seems like it might work nicely for you.  A physical exam is always needed to provide the tactile feedback that can cinch the diagnosis and surgical plan for the surgeon.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.