Ear Surgery Problem?

Ok I ear surgery about a year ago and after the ear was healed the docter told me to flatten it buti forgot until months later but when I started squeezing it I saw no difference now it real fat and has bumps should I keep on squeezing it or leave it alone. Don't have the right extensions to put video or pic.

Ear Surgery Problem?

+2

It sounds like you may be feeling the sutures that were placed during surgery and also some swelling since you said that area feels "fat". In my opinion massaging the area does not sound like it would help since the the procedure was done 1 year ago. It is best to see the surgeon who did the surgery to get suggestions on what your options are.

Hope this is helpful.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Otoplasty - scar or sutures?

+2

What you describe is either poor scarring or reactions to sutures.  Talk to your doctor as your surgeon knows what kind of sutures were used and where they were placed.  It its not poor scarring, it should be something you can remedy with a revision.

Curtis Wong, MD

Bumps After Otoplasty

+2

There is no benefit one year after otoplasty to manually massaging or squeezing it. You should leave it alone. If those bumps are a persistent concern, they are probably knots of the suture that can be surgically removed.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Bumps after ear surgery

+1

The bumps of swelling after ear surgery can be one of three issues:

1)  Keloid scar which is a raised, hard, red scar where your incision was made behind the ear

2)  Permanent sutures that were placed at the time of your ear surgery.  

3)  Persistant swelling following your ear surgery.

You need an examination to determine the cause and best treatment of the bumps and swelling.

John F. Reinisch, MD

Problems after an otoplasty?

+1

I am not sure if you had an otoplasty but if this is the case then at this point things would not be expected to change.  If you ahve lumps and bumps this could be to retained suture knots.  The only way to solve this problem is by an examination.