Ear Pressure After Rhinoplasty - Help

For 1 yr after a rhino I've had bad ear pressure. I also can't get enough air in.Attempting to treat this surgically, under the theory that too tight nasal passages threw off Eust. tubes. My nasal bones were outfractured,nasal valve sown into position. I can breathe much better! My ears did improve, but not near enuf. My Dr suggested ear problem may stem from scarring in e. tubes from 1st surgery, though it can't be seen. Any insight into this? Advise? Specialist Drs or Hospitals u can refer to?

Ear pressure likely from another problem.

+1

I agree with Dr Joseph in seeking an ENT consultation.  Unless your surgeon was horribly lost, there is no possible way that the Eustachian tube was damaged during your rhinoplasty.  Although nasal function can influence the Eustachian tube, when there is a persistent problem it often is related to another factor such as allergies, sinusitis, reflux, etc.  You will need a good ear specialist to sort this out.  Fortunately, you live in an area that has many such physicians.  Start with the American Academy of Otolaryngology website, entnet.org, in the center of the page is the find a physician section.  Search for the specialty of otology.   If all else fails, you may be a candidate for tubes (like children) to bypass the Eustachian tube and relieve the pressure. 

Good luck.

Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

See a reputable ENT specialist to evaluate your ear pressure.

+1

Since you're breathing well through your nose after your Rhinoplasty Surgery, you should get an ENT consultation for your ear pressure. You can have a painless fiber-optic examination of your Eustachian tubes, and a complete audiologic evaluation to help determine what's causing your ear pressure.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/PageID/4049

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon