Ear Otoplasty and Keloid Scarring?

It's been about a month since my ear otoplasty and on my left ear where the stitching is there is a thick buildup underneath, idk what that is on my right ear there is very little at the top of the ear and on my left one it's a lot more and I am freaking out because it has been a month and it looks like there is something really thick underneath my skin is that keloid scarring? Will it go away over time? Please help thank you!

Early lumpy scar after otoplasty

+1

Scars go through a natural process of maturation.  This can lead to thickening and a pinker colour in the first 3 months after the procedure.  Careful surgical technique can minimise the risk of keloid scarring after ear surgery.  It is unusual to develop keloid scarring 1 month after surgery, but it would be best to see your surgeon for a review -sometimes a simple steroid (triamcinolone) injection may improve the situation.

Australia Plastic Surgeon

Ear pinning scars (otoplasty)

+1

Judging from your multiple previous posts, I would highly recommend that you return to your original surgeon even if they are located at a distance or at least contact them by phone. You may require surgery or steroid injections

Keloid scarring after Otoplasty Surgery may be treated with triamcinolone (steroid) injections.

+1

One month post-op is quite soon to develop a keloid scar, but it's possible. Please bring this to the attention of your surgeon since steroid injections are helpful in treating early keloid scarring. Your surgeon should be able to diagnose this immediately, if that's a problem for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon