Ear/Nose Surgery Combination - Costs?

Hello! What do you think? I would like my nose to be straight and thinner maybe, and ears pinned back, and reduced in size. How much would this entire process cost from consultation to walking out the door? I look forward to reading your responses!

Otoplasty/Rhinoplasty combined procedural cost

+1

It’s difficult to give you a firm dollar amount for your surgery, especially your nose, as it greatly depends on the amount of surgical work which is required internally as well as externally and  I use a formula to determine surgical fees when more than one procedure is being performed. 

A very rough dollar amount for the surgeons fee only,  for these two procedures to be performed at one time, would be between $6,500.00 and $10,500.00.  One would also need to factor in the costs for the operating room, which would most likely range between $1,100.00 and $1,800.00, as well as the cost for the anesthesiologist, which would be in the neighborhood of $1,000.00 to $1,600.00. 

All of the above are very rough estimates, and you  would best be served with an in-office  face to face meeting with your surgeon. 

Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Otoplasty and rhinoplasty combo and the costs

+1

Otoplasty typically costs between 4-6000 and rhinoplasty from 5000-10000. Doing both at the same time is reasonable and not over the top in terms of length of surgery. I think your ears can be pinned back a little bit but I would be really conservative. Your ears in the pictures don't look really extending too far from your head and are actually near normal limits. I think based on my theory on facial beauty that you should have your ears stick out by about one iris width and not much more than 1 1/2 iris widths. I think past this the person viewing the ears will start to think that they stick out too much. Your nose could be made straighter as well. I think you'll like the results. But make sure to go to someone that will do a good job and don't always choose the person that is the least expensive. I think that is usually a red flag. They are probably not busy enough to charge the more appropriate amount or maybe trying to do more to make up the difference.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Combined Nose (Rhinoplasty) and Ear-Pinning Surgery (Otoplasty)

+1

Hi Zomba,

The cost of rhinoplasty and otoplasty will vary depending on geographic location, operating room fees, anesthesiology fees, and the experience and skill of the surgeon.  Combining rhinoplasty with otoplasy should be in the range of $10,000 to $17,500.  Cost should not be your determining factor as it costs a lot more to fix poorly performed initially surgery.  Choose your surgeon most carefully.  While you are at it, see if the surgeon you select can help out in removing those white out circles on your eyes and mouth. 

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Cost of rhinoplasty

+1

I agree with Dr. Mayer's cost estimate for those procedures. I would also strongly advise against choosing a surgeon based primarily on cost. What may appear to be a cost savings now can easily develop into a much greater overall cost later if you need revision surgery. Find a well-trained and experienced surgeon for consultation. Good luck.

James M. Pearson, MD

Ear/Nose Surgery Combination - Costs?

+1

It all depends on where you go, what type of anesthesia is used and how much is the rent for the facility!  Should be around $9000-10,000 and up.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Rhinoplasty and Otoplasty

+1

I think that Dr. Mayer's cost estimate is very accurate.  Although everybody wants to have a bargain, bargain prices in Rhinoplasty usually lead to patients seeking revisions.  Revision Rhinoplasty is, by definition, more expensive.  Therefore, an initial bargain morphs into a rather costly odyssey.  Choose an experienced Rhinoplasty Surgeon and avoid the temptation to act on price alone.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and otoplasty cost.

+1
The cost is based on how much time the surgery takes and the experience of the surgeon. The range is $10-15,000. Choose an experienced surgeon--don't shop cost or you may be needing to have your surgery redone.