Help with Sagging Earlobes

I hate my saggy earlobes so when I saw an ad for Ear Lift invisible earlobe-support tape I was intrigued. Does it work? What will work to lift them up?

Earlobe lift

+2

Earlobe size can be reduced and sagging earlobes can be lifted. For a slight reduction in size and lift CO2 laser resurfacing is a good option as it shrinks the earlobes without the need for incisions. Surgical options such as wedge or star excision are also options.

Web reference: http://www.seattleface.com/html/otoplasty.php

Surgical Excision is Best for Sagging Earlobes

+1

It’s not unusual for patients to seek alternatives to surgery when they have ear deformities.  Unfortunately, none of these treatments are effective in treating saggy ear lobes.  When this situation arises, excision of excess ear lobe is the only effective treatment available.

If you’re concerned about saggy ear lobes consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is appropriate.  This surgeon should be able to formulate an appropriate treatment plan for you.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Sagging Earlobes can be Corrected

+1

Sagging earlobes can be corrected.

A variety of procedures performed in the office under local anesthesia, including the excision wedges of excess or stretched out earlobe tissues can be performed to correct sagging earlobes.  

Also, fat injections can be used to plump up the earlobes to enhance their appearance.

Cost of ear lobe reduction surgery

+1

The tape for invisible non-surgical ear lobe may work temporarily but it often "kinks" the ear lobe and is not a good long term solution. Surgery is generally a limited procedure that can be easily performed in the office under local anesthesia and will typically run under $2500.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/facial-surgery-chicago/otoplasty/

Surgical earlobe reduction

+1

I usually utilize a surgical reduction of the earlobe under local anesthesia.  It's the same type of procedure we use to repair a torn earlobe.  I've found that the scars are generally very minimal and the results more consistent than with other techniques.

Middletown Plastic Surgeon

Earlobe lift to improve ear lobe sagging

+1

An earlobe lift is a very effective strategy that provides longterm uplifting of a sagging earlobe.  Surgery takes one hour to perform and works much better than the ear tape.

Web reference: http://www.karemd.com/plasticsurgery/earlobe_repair.aspx

Surgical techniques can lift sagging ear lobes

+1

Many patients have a displeasing appearance of ear lobes after ear ring use over many years or traumatic ear lobe rupture (typically a child pulling out an ear ring).  There are a wide variety of options to permanently correct sagging ear lobes.  The incisions used are placed so the  scars are very difficult to see when healed.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgical correction is usually better (and cheaper in the long run)

+1

In-office surgical correction of "slot ear" deformities works well, and in the long run a permanent solution to the problem is usually better than temporary tapes.

It seems that this type of earring deformity is what Ear Lift is targeting. The reviews on Amazon.com aren't so great for it, though. It doesn't seem that the product is designed merely for droopy or pendulous lobes.

For droopy lobes, there are several minor surgical procedures that can be designed to fix them. These are procedures that are done in the office under local anesthesia (injection of numbing medication) and are usually relatively inexpensive. Re-piercing ears after such correction should be done, ideally, by the surgeon who did the lobe reduction.

--DCP

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sagging earlobes are treatable

+1

A common problem for many women are stretched, torn, or damaged earlobes. Since large earrings are so fashionable, plastic surgeons see many patients requesting aesthetic ear lobe improvement.

Earlobe injuries occur from various types of trauma — most commonly from wearing pierced earrings. In some cases, it's a very elongated hole from the prolonged weight of heavy earrings. In other cases, there is a complete tear through the earlobe.

Cosmetic and reconstructive ear lobe problems can be repaired in a simple office procedure performed under local anesthesia that typically takes a few minutes. The incisions are usually closed with very small sutures and no bandage is needed — so you may return to work the same day. After a healing period of couple months, if you wish, your plastic surgeon may re-pierce your ear.

I have not seen any patients, or seen in-person, the product that you mention. It appears to be a temporary solution for a chronic problem. For patients who have saggy, droopy, split, stretched, or torn ear lobes, plastic surgery is a great option. An ear lift surgery may also be performed, in combination with other facial plastic surgery.

Speak to you plastic surgeon on how to rejuvenate your ears with cosmetic surgery.

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.