I have had an extra piece of cartilage (I assume) on my ear since I was born. What is this ear deformity? (photo)

It is like a ball in my ear, and has a small hole that looks like a piercing facing outward. It does leak a very small amount of pus. What is this, and what type of doctor do I see to have it removed?

Ear Mass

+1
Thank you for your question and photos. This is likely a congenital cyst. While not dangerous, they can become infected and certainly can be a cosmetic concern.

These can usually be treated under local anesthesia with removal of the cyst and the draining sinus (hole). I recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Best Regards,

Dr. Stutman

Mesa Plastic Surgeon

Ear cyst

+1
This probably represents a congenital cyst or sinus which forms during the fusion of different parts of the ear.
It can be removed surgically. See a Board certified plastic Surgeon for accurate diagnosis and treatment options.