I noticed that the middle portion of my ear sticks out way more than it is suppose to. Do I have an ear deformity? (photo)

For a long time now I noticed that the middle portion of my ear sticks out way more than it is suppose to.. Unfortunately others have noticed too, and due to this I have faced a lot of ridicule because of that. I thought as I got older people would stop with it, but nothing changed. So now I'm desperate to know what exactly the condition is called, and if anything could possibly be done about it. Also if possible if there is an estimate on the price of the procedure. Thanks

Ear Deformation

+1

You have an enlarged chonchal bowl.The treatment is resection of the enlarged region which is the cause of the prominence.

Prominent Chonchal Bowl

+1

You most likely have a prominent Chonchal Bowl of the ear. Some would call your condition Chonchal Bowl Hypertrophy. In any event the solution is a very simple procedure called chonchal bowl reduction which is often part of an Otoplasty or Era Pinning. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Ear issue

+1

It may be that your conchal bowl is too large. This can be reduced a bit to "bring in" the middle portion of your ear.

Ear Deformity

+1

Patients of all ages get otoplasty surgery.  Consult with Board Certified Plastic Surgeons to discuss your concerns and expectations.  This surgery makes very happy people.  Best of luck to you!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Solutions for Ear Deformity

+1

Otoplasty (ear surgery) can alter the appearance of your ear and fix your ear deformity. There are many different types of ear deformities, which I invite you to read more about at the link I provided. Each patient is different, so make sure you have a full assessment of your ears by a board certified plastic surgeon.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Variant of Prominent Ear Deformity

+1

You have a variant of prominent ear deformity wherein the middle part (concha) is very much enlarged.  Surgery can easily correct this.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials to help with your concerns.