Ear Cartlidge Augmentation. Possibly Infected?

I had closed revision rhinoplasty 10 days ago. Not only am I completely swollen in 1 part of my nose like a lump. But it is red. I saw my doctor after he removed the bandages. He said it was just a reaction to bandages. From what I've read its very uncommon to have swelling/ redness 10 days post op for augmentation if the graphs are infected I'm very scared. What are my options . My ear also feels very thin.

Swelling and redness after rhinoplasty

+1

Swelling after rhinoplasty is common.  However, the redness could be a sign of infection.  I would recommend getting back in to see your surgeon.  Infection can really impact the result of a rhinoplasty both functionally and aesthetically.

Healing from rhinoplasty

+1

Only an exam can tell the nature of your problem for sure, and your surgeon would be the best person to speak to about the issue. 10 days is still soon after your surgery and it is not abnormal to have swelling. Follow up with him or her to ensure you are healing properly and there is no infection. I hope this helps, and best of luck to you. 

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/face/rhinoplasty/

Rhinoplasty

+1

It is very common to have swelling after rhinoplasty. Redness is unusual and could be a sign of infection. Best to be seen in person.

Infection is an associated risk with rhinoplasty but very rare.

+1

Infection is a risk associated with every surgical procedure but it is fortunately very rare after rhinoplasty especially when your own cartilages are used.  it is also very common to see some degree of swelling during first few weeks in the post-operative period. I would trust your surgeon with his assessment regarding your swelling/redness as board-certified should be able to tell whether is an infection or not. Obviously, if your swelling/redness worsens, let your surgeon know .