Ear Cartilage Grafting. Is It Possible to Use It for Only Lightly Softening This Area?

I would like to just smoothen a bit the transition between my nasal tip and my nasal ala as i have a small indent.But this drop off is not so steep or too pinched and although I would be happy to be able to breathe even better, breathing is not so bad as well. A doctor advised me not to do it as based on what he said it will change me a lot i want to correct somethings without changi) and it will not able to just soften a bit this small area of notch but it will cover a bigger area and look bad.

Nasal cartilage graft is preferred

+1

Ear cartilage is composed of elastin-type cartilage, which is very hard and does not soften well to morselization. Nasal septal cartilage conforms well to softening and morselization and is a much better alternative for augmenting the soft tissue triangle of the nose (the area of depression between the tip and the ala).  It is always best to use nasal cartilage, NOT ear cartilage in this type of procedure.

+1

Onlay grafts to that area, of the nose, whether they are conceal or some other type of cartilage make the nasal tip appear larger.

Ear cartilage for nasal tip contouring

+1

Ear cartilage is comonly used for nasal tip contour deformities. Without an exam, I could not say  what would be best for you.

Can I smooth this with ear cartilage?

+1

Difficult to say without photos but in general cartilage or even crushed cartilage can be used to efface and soften areas of contour irregularity in a subtle way. Consider radiuses or juvederm first and see how you like it before having surgery.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon