Dysport once a year usage? Is it safe?

I'm 43 and i want to use Dysport on my forehead only the 2lines between my eye brows... But I' scared cause I know I have to re-do it again every 4 months. My question is... Can i do it once a year only??? What r the consequences of that? Please advice

Infrequent Dysport injections okay?

Of course you can have it only once per year, that is completely your decision.

Most of my patients find they want to have another treatment at 4 to 6 months, but I also have many for whom the effect is very long-lasting, ip to 18 months, the higher the dose, the longer it lasts, but there is quite a bit of individual variation in the duration of the effect.

if you do decide to keep ip with the treatments, you will find that over time you will not need as many units and you will not need to have it done as often for a good effect.

maybe you would like to try it once and see what you think. You can always decide to not do it again. Make sure you go to an experienced and advanced injector who is a  oard-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Dysport once per year

You can absolutely only have Dysport once per year.  A Dysport treatment typically lasts 3-4 months.  There would be no adverse effects to only treating once (you would just start to see the results fade after the 3-4 months elapse).  However, most patients are so pleased with the results of their Dysport, they choose to maintain their results with treatments around every 4 months.  Your injector should discuss your goals and concerns with treatment in detail.  Best of luck!

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Dysport once a year usage? Is it safe?

Hello, and thank you for the question. There are no consequences from using Dysport once per year. The only issue is that the Dysport will last an average of 3 months and you will not see the result for the remainder of the year. To achieve the best result with Dysport, it is recommended to seek the advice of one of the following board certified physicians:

1) Dermatologist
2) Facial plastic surgeon
3) Plastic surgeon

I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Once a year Dysport

No problem or worries with having Dysport, Botox, or Xeomin just once a year. The problem is that each will stop working in 3-4 months after the injection and so you may not be happy with the wrinkle lines re-appearing while you are waiting for the next injection. Most patients come back every 3-4 months when needed.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Dysport once per year

In general, Dysport lasts for an average of 3 months. You can certainly have treatment with Dysport once per year. The only issues with this are as follow:

1) The effects of the treatment will wear off before the year is over
2) You may not be satisfied with the result after the treatment has worn off

There are no specific consequences besides the Dysport wearing off. I would recommend choosing a board certified physician to perform your injections. Thank you and best of luck.

Dysport once a year? Is it safe?

You can be treated once a year if that is what you desire. The average person has injections every 3-4 months because the effect wears off. 

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Frequency of Dysport Injections.

You can absolutely choose to have Dysport injected once a year, it is all based on what you are comfortable with and the results that you are looking for.
When Dysport is injected it is basically preventing you from making certain movements that may result in the formation of fine lines and wrinkles. Once the Dysport wears off (An average of 4-6 Months) you will be able to make thos same movements once again.

Dennis Gross, MD

Timing of Dysport injections

You can definitely have treatment with Dysport once a year in a safe manner.  Dysport works to relax the muscles that cause wrinkles during facial expressions - in your case during frowning.  During the 3-4 months that Dysport is active, this muscle is getting smaller and weaker.  This means that even if you were to only treat once a year, the muscle will be weaker and the wrinkles less prominent than before.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Frequency of Dysport

Yes, you can get Dysport injections once a year but you likely won’t get the same benefits as if you were to get them every 4 months.  After 3-4 months, Dysport typically wears off and you regain movement in the muscles that create forehead lines, crowsfeet and glabella lines.  Overtime, this may result in the formation of deeper lines and wrinkles compared with someone who gets Dysport every 4 months.I hope this was useful!

Paul L. Leong, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dysport for Frown Lines

While Botox and Dysport is a good solution for the frown lines between the eyebrows, if you are concerned about the 3-4 month upkeep, there is a way to achieve the same results that can last for a couple of years using a one-time minimally invasive procedure.  It is often used for patients who do not respond to botox/dysport.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with this.  There are only a few offices that are able to provide this technology at this time.

Kimberly Lee, MD