Dysport Wears off After 1 Month?

I have had dysport injections on my frown lines on 3 occasions, with three different clinics. On each occasion it has lasted only 4-5 weeks, after this time I can frown again. I have been advised that I am receiving the correct dose. I'm 33, so don't have huge frown lines, but did expect longer lasting results. Have I developed antibodies? Should I try Botox?

Dysport Wearing Off

+1

The results of a neuromodulator treatment such as Dysport should last between 3 and 6 months, although every person responds differently. Without seeing you, it is difficult to determine if you are in fact receiving the appropriate amount of Dysport, but that may be a factor in your short-term results. I advise that you visit a board-certified dermatologist to discuss or undergo any further Dysport treatment. Yes, some patients appear to do better with another neuromodulator like Botox or Xeomin.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Dysport wears off after one month?

+1

Hello, and sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced. Dysport generally lasts an average of 3 months. The amount of time the Dysport lasts can depend on:

1) The amount injected
2) The skill of your provider
3) The product itself

It is possible you may benefit from a higher dose, and I would recommend communicating this to your provider. Were your previous treatments administered by a board certified physician? You also want to make sure the product you are receiving is authentic. It is highly unlikely you developed antibodies to the product. It would not hurt to try Botox, but do not expect a result at the same dose to be much different, as they are essentially the same formula. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.carolinafacialplasticsurgery.com/non-surgical-procedure/botox-dysport-and-xeomin/

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Duration of action of Dysport

+1

Was the same dose used on all 3 occasions?  Trying Botox is always an option, but you may want to consider trying a slightly higher dose of Dysport.  The dose you received may be the "usual" dose, but you may have unusually strong corrugator muscles.  

Dysport Longevity

+1

Dysport typically has an earlier onset of action as compared to Botox and has similar longevity.  Factors that are important with both products are concentration, units administered and technique of injection.  Knowledge of anatomy is essential and treatment needs to be individualized to achieve optimal results.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Dysport and Botox Duration

+1

There are a few reasons the Dysport may not be lasting.  As mentioned previously, just because you were told you were given the correct dose, doesn't mean it was the correct dose for you.  Everyone is a little different.  Secondly the Dysport may have been reconstituted too long and may have lost potency.  Just because Dysport was injected, it doesn't mean it was injected in the exact area needed. Everyone's anatomy is different Make sure you are treated by a properly trained physician.

Web reference: http://drbdorfman.com

Phoenix Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Dysport vs. Botox

+1

It would not be a bad idea to try Botox on your next appt.  The molecular make up is slightly different and you may tolerate it better. 

Dr. Grant Stevens        Marina Plastic Surgery Associates          Marina del Rey, CA         The Institute

Web reference: http://www.marinaplasticsurgery.com/

Dysport "wearing off"

+1

On average, the effect from a neurotoxin lasts about 3 months.  However, multiple factors can affect this: the dosage administered, where the toxin is injected, and how each individual responds.  Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin all are effective treatments to reduce expression and movement.  Which is used generally depends on the physician and patient's preference. 

Miami Beach Dermatologist

Dysport only lasting 1 month

+1

There are a few reasons why you may not be getting longer lasting results with Dypsort.  First, the dosage is important and I realize that you were told you had the correct dose, but some people just need more.  The placement of the injections can also affect the results.  Your description does not sound like you have developed antibodies.  It would also not be unreasonable to try Botox or Xeomin to see if you have a better result.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dysport

+1

Without knowing how much Dysport was used, it is difficult to know what exactly may be the problem.  It may make sense to try Botox or Xeomin to see if they last longer for you.  

Dysport doesn't last

+1

I don't know what dosage you are receiving so I can't comment on the "correctness" of the amount, but your Dysport should be lasting longer than 4-5 weeks. You didn't develop antibodies to it, if that happens at all (which is still hotly debated), that happens over years and years and years of receiving the same injections. Not 3 times. You can try Botox, or you can try Xeomin to see if either of those last longer for you.