Dysport for Spasticity?

I have MS with leg spacity so bad, I get Botox shots in the back of my leg. Will Dysport help me? I don't think Botox is strong enough or the results last long enough.

Dysport for Spasticity or MS

+1

Dysport and Botox are similar products in terms of results on both wrinkles and spasticity. However, it would be best to speak with your neurologist as to whether Dysport is the appropriate product for your neurological condition before you switch from Botox to Dysport.

Dysport for spasticity is an off-label use

+1

While Dysport may work well for you, right now it is only approved in the US for treating glabellar lines and for cervical dystonia. Using it for spasticity in your legs would be considered an off-label use. Doctors prescribe medications off-label all the time, but insurance companies are much less likely to reimburse you for the treatment. I would start by asking your doctor if s/he thinks Dysport is a good option for you.

Good luck!

Nancy Swartz, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon