Is Dysport Having Good Results for Cervical Dystonia?

How does Dysport compare to Botox in relieving pain and controlling muscle contractions in general?

Dysport for neck muscle disorders

+1

Dysport was approved by the FDA for both cosmetic treatment of glabellar (between the eyebrows) lines and neck dystonia.

Dysport for Cervical Dystonia

+1

Dysport is actually FDA approved to treat the abnormal head position and neck pain that happens with cervical dystonia in adults. See their website below to read about it. However, I'd suggest you see an experienced physician who knows a great deal about these specific injections, as the technique and injection sites are very different than those for cosmetic purposes.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Dysport clinically equivalent to Botox

+1

Dysport and Botox are clinically equivalent.  If Botox works for you, then Dysport should.

Robert Strimling, MD

Dysport for cervical dystonia

+1

to the best of my knowledge, it has not been FDA approved for that use, but can be used for that in an off-label manner and should work as well as the Botox when using equivalent doses.

Julio Garcia, MD

Dysport For Cervical Dyatonia

+1

Botox and Dysport work in the exact same way.  If you have had success with Botox, you should have the same results with Dysport!

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist