Dysport or Botox for my deep forehead crease? (photo)

I have a very prominent forehead crease due to raising my eyebrows constantly. There are also fine lines surrounding that crease, as well as 11's... My skin is very loose and aged feeling in my opinion. The line is present with or without making an expression, but it is more like a fine line when my expression is relaxed. I don't expect it to disappear totally, but I'd like for it to no longer be deep and creased, I can deal with a fine surface line. I'm not sure if a filler or if botox would be better.

Botox for Forehead

+1
Botox is your best option for the forehead area.  There are other alternatives such as skin tightening procedures but with your age and particular description I think you would be happiest with Botox.  Filler is not used in these areas since it would appear too thick.  Please find a board certified dermatologist with experience in Botox for the best cosmetic results.

Botox or Dysport

+1
  • Botox or Dysport will soften forehead lines in most people.
  • If your skin is truly loose (forehead skin is naturally somewhat loose), perhaps from sun damage, the Botox should be given carefully, well away from the brow.
  • Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Ophthalologist for your Botox.
  • Filler is not commonly used in this area - but I have used fillers and fat transplants with success in areas that do not respond to Botox or Dysport. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Understanding Botox effects and indications

+1
Yes, they  would work well (either Botox or Dysport) , but the injections may have an effect on your eyebrow position. It may reset them lower which you may or may not like. 

Manuel M. Pena, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Dysport or Botox for my deep forehead crease?

+1
Botox, Xeomen and Dysport are a great option to help with fine lines and crease on the forehead, youre at a good age to start preventing these lines from getting deeper and more prominant

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Botox or Dysport

+1
You ask an interesting question...Botox and Dysport are really about the same.  They are both neurotoxins.  Your question, however is whether a filler (juvederm for example) or botox is a better choice to address your concern.  I would suggest you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can examine you fully and discuss a treatment plan to address your concerns.  You may needs a combination of therapies to obtain the result you are looking for.

Peter D. Geldner, MD

Dysport vs. Botox - not a big difference, IMO

+1
I'm more comfortable with Botox because I've used it for so many years - Dysport is effective, but has a different dosing scheme, so to keep things simple, we just offer Botox in our Seattle clinic.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Botox and Dysport work the same on forehead creases

+1
Either Botox or Dysportcan be used to lessen the forehead crease.Be aware however that relaxing the forehead muscles which caused the forehead crease can also lower or drop your eyebrows.  Be sure to discuss this possibility with your surgeon.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

+1
Poorly posted photo does not demonstrate the issue. But I might use the BOTOX and a filler to effectively improve the area in question. 

Botox versus Dysport for a Deep Forehead Line.

+1
Your concern can be equally addressed with the use of either Botox or Dysport. Even though you are young, you are using your forehead muscles when you express yourself and this frequently results in a static horizontal forehead crease at a relatively young age. Though Dysport has a property of wider diffusion and I try to stay away from it in the treatment of the lower forehead lines in order to avoid a brow droop, your crease is located sufficiently high in the forehead to use either Botox or Dysport for your treatment.  With repeated treatments, you will see this crease becoming less and less prominent.  I hope this is helpful and good luck.

Tatiana Khrom, MD

Forehead Creases Botox, Dysport, or Filler

+1

From your photo you appear to be fairly young.  Your crease is clearly there and appears deeper than is typical for someone who otherwise appears much younger.  Botox and Dysport both can accomplish the same thing as far as preventing you from using the muscle that caused that crease.  Over time, you may see the crease mostly go away when the muscle is no longer used.  Fillers like Restylane and Juvederm work very nicely on deep "11's" creases, but I have found that the horizontal creases just don't respond well to fillers.

Louis W. Apostolakis, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon