How Do Dysport and Botox Formulas Differ in Their Effectiveness on Deep Forehead Wrinkles?

I'm assuming that botox work better on deep deep forehead wrinkles, is this true? Why?

Dysport and Botox Effectiveness on Deep Forehead Wrinkles

+3

Which is MORE effective - Botox, Dysport or Xeomin - is similar to which is heavier a pound of lead or a pound of feathers. The EFFECTIVE dosing of Dysport and Botox differs and Botox and Xeomin units are similar. All toxins, when administered in the SAME effective (fresh) doses will perform similarly. It is vastly more important for you to get your Botox / Xeomin from a good Plastic surgeon / Dermatologist than worry about insignificant differences and confusion kicked up by the manufacturers.

Peter A Aldea, MD

Dysport vs Botox

+1

Thank you for your question. Both work well on relaxing muscles such as your forehead muscle(frontalis). If you have deep forehead lines, you may need fillers too. They are very similar products with very similar results and side effect profiles. Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in injectables for the safest and most effective treatments. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Dysport and Botox for Forehead wrinkles

+1

The results of Botox and Dysport will differ from patient to patient. Some patients may experience better results with Botox used on forehead wrinkles. Others may get better results with Dysport.They are both forms of botulinum toxins and have a very similar molecular structure.

Dysport, however has fewer proteins surrounding the core part of the molecule. This allows it to be more easily accepted by the body. Differences in performance may be attributed to this feature, but this is inconclusive at this point. If desired results are not achieved with Dysport, Botox should be considered and vice versa

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox debate

+1

I use all three in my practice and they all work very well. The only difference that I can honestly tell you is that Dysport seems to work a little better with men with very large foreheads. There are a lot of variables about people with "deep forehead wrinkles". Sometimes patients like this may need a little bit more to get the desired result, as well as consideration of fillers into these areas. Botox, etc. Can only do so much.

Jeffrey Adelglass, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox = Dysport = Xeomin

+1

These products all inhibit muscle movement.  When dosed correctly, they produce the same clinical effect.  In experienced hands they are equivalent. 

A side note--if you have deep forehead wrinkles and are over 50 year old (this is over generalized), you want to be careful not to over treat your forehead wrinkles. This could drop the natural arch of your eyebrows and leave you with a heavy look. 

Samantha Toerge, MD
Fairfax Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox vs Dysport vs Xeomin

+1

Botox, Dysport and Xeomin all do the same thing - stop muscles from moving. However, there are some differences between these products in the way they are formulated and concentrated. However, in the long run, the products work in the same way. Each patient may respond differently to each product. Discuss this with your dermatologist and see which product is right for you.

Gary Goldenberg, MD

Differences between Botox and Dysport

+1

As long the appropriate doses are used, there should not be any difference between the two products in terms of efficacy. There are anecdotes that claim Xeomin will last longer, but time will tell as it is just starting to be used here in the US.

Julio Garcia, MD

Botox Vs. Dysport

+1

Botox, Dysport and Xeomin are all Botulism Toxin A.  This means that while each has different manufacturer, they produce similar clinical outcomes.  In our practice, we typically see a quicker onset of action with Dysport, but little difference.  The efficacy of any product depends on insuring the correct dosing in the areas being treated.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Do effects differ?

+1

Greetings~

All of the Botulinum Toxin Type A products are very similar in the effectiveness and safety...the biggest variable with treatments is more often the person injecting.  Botox and Xeomin dosages are the same but Dysport dosage in different.  Even though dosage is different with Dysport, and onset may be a bit quicker, overall results for most are about the same for the forehead as well as other areas.  If you haven't seen good results with a product, don't give up on the product, perhaps you just need a bit more or the placement should be altered slightly.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Botulinum Toxins

+1

All botulinum toxins work the same-they paralyze the muscles. I have found that dysport works faster but has otherwise the same results.

Jacob Freiman, MD, FACS
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon