How Durable Are Breast Implants?

I am taking a martial arts class where a partner punches a chest level pad that i am holding. The degree of pressure depends on the partner's practice level. Should I worry about this? It's a great self defense class but I want to remain "intact".

Breast implant durability

+2

The chances of rupturing a breast implant due to a blunt force trauma is extraordinarily low. When implants rupture, the cause is usually the result of long term friction. You should be able to continue your martial arts with a high degree of confidence that your implants will remain in place and intact. 

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants are extremely durable.

+2

Breast implants are very durable and there are no activity restrictions that result because of their placement, including martial arts.  The failure rate at 10 years is only about 2%.

Breast implant durability

+2

Silicone implants are very durable and it is unlikely that you will have any issue related to direct contact to the implants. Caution should be used to avoid excess force, but it is very unlikely that you will have a problem from this activity.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Duable breast implants

+2

Generally breast implants are very durable and we have had patients with high impact hobbies not have issues.  I would definitely protect yourself as best as you can.

Edward J. Bednar, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon