Can I Use Duoderm Patches or Peroxide Water to Heal This Wound Faster? (photo)

It's been know 24 days after BR/Lift surgery and the open wounds are not healing. They are not infected and I've been keeping them cover with sterile gauze and antibiotic ointment. Should I try something different? Maybe the bra and keeping them cover all the time is not helping? My PS suggest to cure them every two days and not every day. I heard about Duoderm (FDA Approved) but I don't know if it's safe to try them as you have to leave the patch on for several days.

Breast and local wound care

+2

Separations of the breast can take some time to heal. Follow your surgeon's instructions closely.

Breast reduction postoperative wounds heal slowly and should be managed by your surgeon.

+1

Breast reduction wound problems generally of the product of poor blood supply to a given area. Because of this healing tends to be somewhat slow. Almost always with proper care of the wound healing requires no further surgery. This should be managed by your surgeon not by suggestions found on the Internet.

Local Wound Care after Breast Reduction?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Although your concern and subsequent “research” is understandable, I would suggest that you follow your plastic surgeon's recommendations. Remember that he/she knows your situation best, has the benefit of examining you, and is ultimately responsible for your care.  Of course, you should feel comfortable running any questions about “alternative therapy” by your plastic surgeon for his/her thoughts.