Nose Tip Dropped 9-10 Months Post Op Rhinoplasty. Would Tape Help it?

I have also noticed the tip of my nose seems to have dropped slightly, I am 9-10 months post op, would taping it up somehow at night at this late date do anything???

Nasal Tip Dropped At 10 Months After Surgery

+1

Dear Suzy,

At this point in your recovery process, I believe that taping your nasal tip will not induce any change.

I recommend that you share your concerns and your goals with your surgeon for possible solutions.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Tip Drop 9 Months Post Rhinoplasty

+1

Taping will have no effect on tip position 9 months after your rhinoplasty. Consult with your surgeon for evaluation and treatment recommendations.

Will taping lift tip at 9 months

+1

No it wont change the anatomy at that stage.you must discuss this wth your doctor it will require a revision I believe

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Will taping help a droopy nasal tip 9-10 months postop?

+1

Unfortunately, it is very unlikely that taping will provide any long-term improvement to your tip rotation. Although it is often stated that it take 12 months for your nose to heal, there is really negligible differences in the state of healing between the 9 month period and the 12 month period.

I would have a discussion with your original surgeon, and/or consultations with rhinoplasty specialists to discuss your options, which at this point are likely surgical in nature. Good luck.

Michael Kim, MD

Michael M. Kim, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon