I Am So Upset About the Outcome, I Have This Double Bubble Effect, What should I do??

I had a breast augmentation 9weeks ago all went well I waited for swelling etc to go down but they look really really bad ! My breasts look deformed you can see where my breast was then then implant ! it looks terrible and I am so upset I was searching for pics everywhere to find something similar but only came accross one on this site ! i still have yet to see my surgeon after surgery and had to ring the clinic again !the girl said i can only get appointment on 13th June !! What should I do ??

Double bubble after breast augmentation is not an emergency and may get better with time.

+1

Without a picture it's impossible to make an intelligent comment. However, a visit to your plastic surgeon will be mandatory to sort out the issue. It is probably a solvable problem but should be properly timed.

Double bubble augmentation

+1

It is difficult to imagine exactly what you mean by double bubbule deformity, but I have seen some results where the implant rides high with some breast tissue under it. Usually it is a problem with the pocket, that may require revision. First giving it a chance to settle in,3 to 6 months. You need to talk to your plastic surgeon.

Terry A. Cromwell, MD (retired)
Lafayette Plastic Surgeon

Double bubble?

+1

Thank you for your question.  It is quite difficult to answer this question in this forum without pictures or an examination.  You do need to return to your surgeon for an examination.  He or she should evaluate you well before 9 weeks post op.  At times, revision breast surgery may be needed, depending on the deformity.  Although the deformity can be distressing, most surgeons will wait for several months prior to revising a surgical procedure.  Time can often allow tissue to stretch or settle and the result may improve.  Best to speak with your surgeon who can examine you and discuss your current situation and potential remedies.  

Good luck.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Double bubble

+1

A double bubble can develop when the implant is larger than the breast mound and the mound does not expand around the implant.  It may also be from undermining the fold. Best to see pre and post photos. It may stretch out some more.

Cause of a double bubble effect after a breast augmentation

+1

Very difficult to give you much information without a before and after photograph.  If you had a very high inframammary crease with a short distance between the nipple and the crease then the crease would have needed to be lowered.  This can causes this double bubble effect which is essentially the old inframammary crease now raised on the lower pole of your breast.  Given some time these usually stretch out and go away. Give it some time and if it does not resolve by 6 months then a revision or internal release of the crease may be needed. 

Fixing double bubble issues

+1

As the other replies have said, no one can give you specific advice online and even general comments without pictures will not be useful. If you want to know about what causes double bubble and how to fix it, see the link below. It is almost always best to allow for some healing time before even discussing revisions so it is probably reasonable to wait until you can discuss with your own plastic surgeon.

Richard Baxter, MD

Need more information and pictures

+1

Sorry about your experience. It is hard to give you recommendation just based on the description of the outcome. Please send before and after pictures. Everything is fixable and do not worry

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Double Bubble after Breast Augmentation?

+1

I am sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction after breast augmentation surgery. Much of what might be recommended to you in terms of revisionary breast surgery will depend on your in-person physical examination.  

However, based on your description, it may be that you will benefit from revisionary breast surgery. This operation may involve “reconstruction” of the inframammary fold areas using internal sutures (capsulorraphy techniques).  Often, these techniques are helpful in improving the appearance of the lower poles of the breasts.

You will be best off seeking consultation with well experienced plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients with revisionary breast surgery. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more.