Anatomic or Round Implants?

My surgeon recommends Natrelle 410 implants as they look more natural than round ones. Do you agree with his opinion?

I agree with the other Doctors

+2

Depending on how the implants are placed the round implants can look very natural and are the most commenly used in the United States.  They are used most commonly for a reason, and that is most patients prefer them.  However in a very thin patient, with little breast tissue a shaped ("anatomical") implant can look very nice.  I was unaware that there was a price difference for those implants over the round ones.  I pay the same for both, but I may have a special relationship with the implants because I do over 350 a year.   As always, consult with 2 or 3 surgeons and pick the one you feel most comfortable with.  

Best regards,

Dr. Lane Smith

Round or Anatomic?

+1
Dear Babsi, Thank you for your question. Certainly smooth round implants are the most popular in the US as well as Europe. They are less expensive and can give a very nice result in most patients. However, in certain patients, i.e. women who have very little breast tissue of their own, and very low body fat to cover the implant, and anatomical implant may be the right choice. Best Wishes, Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Anatomic or round implants

+1

If you ask the sales reps which implants are the most popular they are the round smooth implants--say no more.