Recovery After Breast Reduction?

I would like some input with regards to recovery: -when will drains come out -when will stitches come out - when can i go back to work as cabin crew - how often is check ups? When will i be able to return to my duties as airline cabin crew? How often is check ups? I plan to go from 34 HH to 34D. Any input will be appreciated.

Recovery After Breast Reduction Varies

+2

The recovery period following breast reduction varies a good bit among patients.  Some patients will bi off prescription pain meds in 24048 hours while others may need for 2-3 weeks.  Drain removal is based on output but usually are removed in first week.  Since you work in an airline cabin crew, I would suggest at least 3 weeks off.

Breast reduction

+2

Every surgeon does it a bit differently so I can only say how I do it.  This is for the average patient.  All the sutures I place are dissolvable except for a stitch I may place for a drain.  A drain is often placed in each breast and may be removed within a few days to a week after surgery for most patients.  Desk work can be performed within a week and then light aerobics in 3 -4 weeks.  Heavy lifitng and exertion in 6-8.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.