Is There Any Less Extreme Method Than Surgery That Could Help Me? (photo)

I have watched a video about otoplasty, and I am so scared to do that with my ears, if you look at my pictures, you will see that my ears are not too noticeable, but i still would like them to stick to my head. i would be happy if there is any way just to correct the upper part of my ears. Thank you

Method for protruding ear correction

+1
Thank you for the photos.  In the adult with protruding ears, otoplasty is the standard method. At this point molding and shaping are not known to work. Many adults are coming in to have their ears addressed nowadays. The surgery is usually very well tolerated. It looks like you are a good candidate for the procedure.   Best to see an experienced surgeon. Ask questions and look at his/her photos.

Otoplasty that is less extreme.

+1

What you need is a routine otoplasty which can be done under local anesthesia. It should not be overdone and should look completely natural if you choose a very experienced surgeon.

Correction of Prominent Ears

+1

You have classic prominent ears. The only way to correct this is with a surgical otoplasty. You cannot get by with just doing the "top." If you just set the top back, the bottom would still stick out and be much more noticeable than before. The entire ear needs to match. I do not know what you have been reading, but this is a very safe and relatively easy procedure that is done all the time on children with excellent results. On adults, it can be done in the office using local anesthesia. We do prefer you to take it real easy for about 72 hours after surgery, but recovery is quite rapid otherwise. Almost everyone who has this done is extremely happy with the results.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Otoplasty

+1

An otoplasty can be performed under local anesthesia. The incision is approximately an inch and a half long behind the ears and the anti-helical fold is created with sutures and incisions in the cartilage. Surgery takes approximately one hour and is done as an outpatient surgery.