Nose still swollen a month post Rhinoplasty! When can I expect to see the final result? (photo)

I had my nose done a month back and my nose is still wide! Is it swollen? I had broken it when I was little and my surgeon said that most of the work was on the left side of it (which is more swollen). When do I expect to see how it'll turn out?

Nose still swollen a month post Rhinoplasty - When can I expect to see the final result?

+1
In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. It can take up to 18-24 months to see the final result of surgery. The nose will continue to change as you heal. I would recommend following up with your surgeon, as he/she knows the details of your procedure and will be able to advise you. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

It takes several months for most of the swelling to subside after rhinoplasty

+1
Dear Sousi,

Swelling after rhinoplasty is in part dependent on what was done.  It takes several months for most of the swelling to subside so you should definitely see some additional changes in the next few months.  Full healing may take up to a year but most of the results can be seen and discussed around 3-6 months out.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Nose swollen one month after rhinoplasty

+1
It normally takes at least 6-12 months for the swelling to resolve after rhinoplasty, so at one month after your procedure, the appearance of your nose should still improve with more time.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon