Nose still swollen a month post Rhinoplasty! When can I expect to see the final result? (photo)

I had my nose done a month back and my nose is still wide! Is it swollen? I had broken it when I was little and my surgeon said that most of the work was on the left side of it (which is more swollen). When do I expect to see how it'll turn out?

Nose remains wide and swollen after rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question!

It is understandable that you are a concerned with what you feel especially with the "wide and swollen" nose. The post op swelling is anticipated and every patient is a little different hence the possibility of explaining what you are experiencing.

Unfortunately, with the pictures posted, the lack of surgical details and the inability to perform a physical exam it is not possible to provide you with a definitive answer that could be medically sound.

Nonetheless, it is way to early to pass a judgement. Usually, a year is required before formulating how your nose will be. Even then, your nose will keep shaping itself and to complement your face for better results in the years to come. My best recommendations at the moment is to be patient, allow nature to take its course and edema subsides for better results. There is no doubt that once the swelling subsides, more definition and shape will be achieved and you should be happier with the results.

Also, it is important that you keep communicating with your surgeon and work as a team together to achieve the best results possible.

Congratulations on your surgery and please remain positive!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS