Am I a candidate for double chin liposuction? (photo)

I am 33 and I have a double chin from my childhool which i dont like. No matter what I do, exercise or diet , it will not go away. could you please let me know if I am a candidate for liposuction or there is any other ways i can remove these fats ? Thanks

Candidate for double chin lipo?

+1
Hello and thank you for your question.
You may be a candidate for submental liposuction but there's no way to tell from your limited pictures. One can not assess the quality of your skin and whether it would contract after liposuction alone. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.
Best of Luck to you!

Submental Smartlipo candidate

+1
Thank you for posting a photo and your question. The photo looks as if you would be a great candidate for Submental Smartlipo. This procedure will remove unwanted fat deposits while tightening the skin.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Candidate for chin or neck liposuction

+1
Thank you for your question.  Based on your photograph you appear to be an excellent candidate for liposuction of the submental area beneath your chin.  Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon who has significant experience with liposuction procedures.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Submental fat is best removed via direct excision.

+1
You are young, have, good skin tone, and a small amount of localized excess fatty tissue. This is what many surgeons would consider a "perfect" candidate for liposuction.

However, liposuction is blunt, indirect, often bloody, and not so uniform since fat is removed in tunnels, and can bleed, bruise, and become firm, scarred, and irregular.

Direct excision (via a slightly longer incision in the exact same location) is just as easy, but much more precise, smooth, thorough, and with accurate hemostasis under direct vision it is less bloody, bruised, and less scarred or irregular. In other words, Better!

You need subtlety and precision, and liposuction, even done skillfully and with small cannulas (including SmartLipo or ultrasonic) is NOT better than direct excision. This is why I do direct excision with cases such as yours and can give smooth results such as shown in the web reference link you can click on below. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Chin Liposuction

+1
Hi O,
You appear to have localized fullness, and at the age of 33 you should have good overlying skin tone.  I believe you would benefit from chin liposuction with or without chin enhancement (I can't tell from the photos).  Be sure to see only a board certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon.  I wish you all the best,  "Dr. Joe"

Joe Gryskiewicz, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Double Chin Liposuction

+1
Improving the contour beneath the chin in the submental area requires evaluation of three components. The first is projection of the chin, the second is the amount of fat in the area, and third is the degree of skin and soft tissue laxity. If there is good chin projection and good skin elasticity then liposuction is an excellent choice. There is a new procedure called Thermitight that I have been performing for the last nine months. This uses heat to not only shrink fat but also to tighten the underlying tissues and skin. This would be alternative procedure to consider in place of standard liposuction.

Bryan W. Rubach, MD
Aurora Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sub-mental fat removal for fatty deposits in the neck

+1
Fatty deposits in the neck are located above and below the platysma muscle. These are known as sub-mental fat and sub-platysmal fat deposits. At the time of examination/ consultation, your surgeon can determine what may need to be performed. The sub-mental fat can be removed with simple liposuction, however sub-platysmal fat must be surgically removed and a platysma plasty performed thereafter. For many examples, please see the link below

Am I a candidate for double chin liposuction?

+1
Based on the photo you've posted, you appear to be a candidate. A consultation will allow your plastic surgeon to evaluate your jawline, skin elasticity and chin projection to confirm this. If you are healthy, maintain and stable weight and have a stubborn fat deposit under your chin/ jaw, liposuction can be very effective. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin liposuction

+1
Assuming nothing else is going on, you are a good candidate for liposuction.  A small chin implant may help also.  Seek out a board-certified Facial Plastic surgeon.  Best wishes.

David Alessi, MD

Possible candidate for chin liposuction

+1
You would need to be examined to be certain if you are a good candidate for liposuction under your chin, but if the fullness that is present is due to fat, then you most likely would be a good candidate.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon