Dual Plane BA-Indentation Normal? (photo)

I recently had dual plane BA done in Jan- mod + 304 cc's silicone I'm pleased with the natural looking results, however, when I lift my arms above my head my left breast has a slight indentation under nipple. PS lowered my crease, is it common for this to occur? Also, do my breasts look like they have dropped and fluffed properly? They are still shedding old skin, as if I am peeling and wonder if that is because tissue is still stretching. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Indentation after breat augmentation

+4

Thank you for your question and the picture. I do agree with you that you have good results. The indentation you mention is difficult to see and probably not that significant to warrant anything done about it. In the photo the left breast appears higher than the right and this may be in part to using your left hand to take the photo. The peeling may be related to skin stretching and subsiding swelling.

Indentation after breast augmentation

+3

The indentation you describe could be from lowering your fold creating a second crease where your old fold was located.  It appears that you probably had breast asymmetry preoperatively, and you appear to have a fairly good result.  If this is only present with arm elevation and it is not a huge concern for you, I would not recommend trying to revise it.  I have seen patients have skin peeling a few weeks after surgery, but not 5 or 6 months postop.

Donald Griffin, MD

Breast Indentation Upon Raising The Arm

+2

Dear Kooberry,

Thank you for posting your photo and congratulations for your results.

Unfortunately, you photo does not show the indentation you described that I am sure will be detected upon physical examination.

Also, the exhibited asymmetry is probably due to the fact that you already had asymmetrical breasts prior surgery; which is a natural and a common anatomical feature.

I encourage you to communicate with your PS as he/she knows the full details of your surgery.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation Results?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture.

It is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination or viewing pictures not altered by the use of your hands. Generally speaking, it is not unusual to have a “slight indentation” after breast  augmentation surgery where the inframammary fold has been manipulated.  Overall, it does appear that your breast implants have “dropped and fluff” appropriately; I would suggest that you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon to address specific questions/concerns.

Indentation of breast

+2

It is very difficult to impossible to see this indentation on the photo.  Normal asymmetry between the breasts is apparent. Probably nothing to do, but if concerned, you shoudl talk with your surgeon.