Dryness, Tightness and Itching After Fraxel Laser?

Is this dryness, tightness/itching, and not quite sand paper-feeling after Fraxel Laser normal? When will the dryness subside and is there anything more that I can do to get my skin's moisture balance back to "normal"? Please help.

Fraxel re:pair; Skin is Dry, Tight, and Itchy Ten Days After...What to Do?

+1

Hi Kimmy,

Discuss any changes in your regimen with your physician.

I would have you stop the vinegar soaks, start a mild cleanser such as Cetaphil.

Cetaphil moisturizer (the cream in the jar) should be used and reapplied as often as needed to keep your skin from feeling dry. At night continue to apply a light layer of Aquaphor.

Your skin should return to normal soon. If you are a smoker and/or drinker it will take longer. For make up, try Jane Iredale mineral make up. Enjoy the compliments of how good you look when you return to work.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P