Very Dry New Skin on Days 3-5 After Vi Peel, What Can I do? (photo)

I got the peel done on Thursday evening. It is now Monday evening. My skin began to peel on Saturday and the majority of the skin has now peeled off. The newly revealed skin is extremely dry and scaly. I am particularly concerned about the skin on the corners of my mouth which is so dry that it's cracked. How long will my new skin remain dry like this? I applied aquaphor last night to the small area around my mouth, which soothed it, but didn't cure the issue. What else can I do?

Vipeel

+2

Having dry and scaly skin after VIpeel is very normal; you need to use moisturizer and sun block. Give your skin at least 2 weeks to go back to normal. If you have further questions you need to contact the office that performed this procedure on you.

Peeling after Vi Peel

+1
What you describe sounds like typical peeling after Vi Peel. I advise my patients to mosturize at least 4 times a day after that peel. The peeling usually stops after a week.

Dina D. Strachan, MD