Dry Eye Medication with Botox?

Dear Dr. I was wondering if having botox done on my eyebrow while getting treatment for my dry eye would be a problem Such as Steroidal drops or any kind of medication that will be given for me to treat my dry eye I also would like to ask which field of plastic surgeon is most recomended for botox to the brows Thank you so much for answering both my questions in advance! , Alex.

Field of Plastic Surgery and Botox

+1

Any field of plastic surgery for botox injection is appropriate provided that the injector performs the procedure hundreds to thousands of times per year.

Botox and drops for dry eyes

+1

You can have Botox injections if you are using eye drops.  You should have treatment with an experienced injector who is either a dermatologist, plastic surgeon or oculoplastic surgeon.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Botox and dry eyes

+1

It is safe to have Botox injected if you are using eye drops. I would consult with a well-trained, reputable, and experienced injector in your area first, for all options, and find an office you feel comfortable with. Do your research on the plastic surgeon(s) and only have treatment by the best.

Sam Naficy, MD

Dry eye treatments and Botox

+1

There should be no problems in receiving dry eye treatments such as lubricating eyedrops and receiving Botox treatments. Best to see a dermatologist or plastic surgeon for your treatment to ensure optimal results and safety.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox while using eye drops

+1

There should be no issue with having Botox treatment if you are currently using eye drops for your dry eyes. In regard to the the best type of physician to perform your Botox treatment, a board certified facial plastic surgeon, dermatologist, or plastic surgeon are all great choices. Good credentials are a must, and it is important they are experienced. This will greatly minimize the chances of any issues occurring and ensure you obtain the best possible result. Thank you and best of luck!  

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Botox

+1

I don't know of a contraindication for what you are describing; however, I am not sure of the cause of your dry eyes.  You should check with your eye doctor to see what they say regarding using Botox with your condition.  

There is no type of plastic surgeon that is best suited to using Botox.  You should ensure you see a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in using Botox.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Dry eye medication and Botox

+1

There should not be a problem with having a Botox treatment to your brows while taking eye drops, such as steroidal drops.  There is not a specific field of plastic surgery that would necessarily be better than another for Botox treatment.  It is more important to find an experienced Botox injector in order to get a good result.  There are a variety of specialties, including dermatology, facial plastic surgery, plastic surgery, and oculoplastic surgery, that could have experienced injectors.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon