Would Like to Transfer Fat From My Body to My Legs. What is the Longevity of This Procedure? Any Other Permanent Options?

I would like to transfer fat to my legs from my body. Will the fat go away within a few months? What is the duration of effectiveness? Do I have any other options?

Fat Transfer to the Legs vs. Implants

+1

Hello. About 30%-40% of fat cells transferred to any part of the body will be reabsorbed within a year. The remaining cells just like the fat in that part of the body and grow and shrink with weight gain or weight loss. With this in mind, your surgeon will inject more fat than necessary in the area to accommodate for the loss. The transfer of your own fat is the safest option with your legs, but another viable option would be implants. You can receive implants in the buttocks, hips, and calves. With either method you will see lasting results. You should schedule an exam with a board certified plastic surgeon to decide which one is right for you.

Jaime Perez, MD
Fat Transplantation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa