Are Any Drs in Southeast Using Ultrapulse C02 - (Ablative & Non-fractional)? & Cost?

In researching the best and most cost efficient laser, the CO2 still seems to stand out. I am looking for a doctor in the southeast who still utilizes this laser for a full face resurfacing. I would also appreciate a general price range.

CO2 Laser resurfacing-Ablative & Nonablative?

+1

You are correct, the CO2 laser is the gold standard for facial skin resurfacing. The Ultrapulse CO2 laser is an ablative skin treatment that provides the best results for improving the appearance of wrinkles and acne scarring. However, there are some disadvantages to this treatment. The down time is longer with an ablative type procedure and the ideal candidate for the full CO2 laser treatment has a skin type classified as Fitzpatrick I with  fair skin that burns easily and doesn't  tan.

Many treatments have evolved over the past several years that attempt to achieve the result of the ablative CO2 laser but with less risks and downtime for the patient. The most effective is the fractional or non ablative CO2 laser. There are several models on the market that now offer the CO2 wavelength with the fractional technology. This technology allows physicians to offer this treatment to a broader range of skin types with less down time for patients. Our office offers both types of laser treatment using  the Ultrapluse CO2 and the DOT CO2 lasers.

Choosing the right laser is based on several factors: your skin type, your treatment goals and the amount of recovery or down time required. I would suggest calling several offices to evaluate pricing since the cost can depend on the type of laser, skin care products required before and after the treatment  and the type of anesthesia used during the procedure.

Raleigh-Durham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.