What Dr.s Are Willing to Use Sillicone on Me ? I'm 18 and I'm an a Cup Want to Be a Full C

Many Dr.s say that it is illegal and many say its not but I just need to know what Dr.s Will help me out And give me silicone breast. I'm only 18 . Please let me know if you will and let me know how to e.mail you back. I am a small girl another 95 pounds Ans 5 feet tall I want to go from this little a cup to a c cup. Please reply.

Silicone implants

+2

Dr. Tholen is correct that silicone implants may be placed under 22 years of age as an off-label use.  I have done this before counseling the patient that this is how they will be used.  The Botox example is a good one, as well as many other things used in medicine.  Your surgeon needs to feel comfortable doing this, so it is up to his or her discretion.

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

What Dr.s Are Willing to Use Sillicone on Me ? I'm 18.

+1

In my opinion, there is no good reason why there is an FDA  mandated age of 22 for patients to receive silicone breast implants. There are many patients under the age of 22 who would ( based on their body type and the advantages of silicone breast implants) benefit from the use of silicone gel breast implants. Unfortunately, the use of these implants for these younger patients will negate the breast implant manufacturer warranty.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Breast augmentation

+1

I think most plastic surgeon would be willing to give you silicone implants if you are a candidate for the procedure and do not want saline implants.

Given that you are petite you need to make sure that the implant placed is not one for a larger woman. The cc's of the implant are only one factor. Given your small size the base diameter of the implant is just as important and should be no greater than the base diameter of the breast area of each side of your chest. If you ignore this and put the usual 12cm diameter implant in you will not have enough room for it and increase your risk of symmastia and/or squared breasts. You will also need to decide over vs. under the muscle and it sounds like under is probably better for you.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Silicone gel implants in 18 year olds

+1

The issue of getting around the FDA rule of for some non-science reason not allowing access to silicone gel implants in women under age 22 has been addressed. It is important to understand, however, that the only advantage of the silicone gel breast implant is the feel of the implant where the muscle doesn't cover (side and underneath) and if the overlying tissue in these areas is thin enough. This does presume that the plastic surgeon doing the breast augmentation knows how to size, position, and fill a smooth-wall saline-filled implant properly. 

In other words, you can get the same results in terms of looks with a saline-filled breast implant and they have some other advantages over gels including cost, incision size, volume adjustment (within limits), and no issues regarding failure of the implant. 

I would recommend looking for a plastic surgeon who knows how to get a proper result with a saline-filled implant rather than trying to get around the FDA's controls. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

+1

Very simply it is a loss of our license to practice if we break the FDA guideline of insertion of silicone implants into a patient under 22 years of age. You can go out of USA but I DO NOT recommend that. The exceptions are not going to apply to you. Sorry. 

Young patients rarely require silicone implants.

+1

Most patients in your age group have thick, elastic, healthy skin and dense breast tissue that camouflage breast implants well. This means that both saline and silicone implants should look and feel natural. The cosmetic difference between saline and silicone implants is subtle if small or moderate size implants are used, which is the case if your goal is a C-cup, so it is likely that you don't need silicone implants.  Make sure you are clear as to the rationale for your preference for silicone.

Also, understand that implants are not lifetime devices. At age 18 you are basically guaranteed of needing to revise and replace them over time, so do thorough research and take your time deciding whether this is the right procedure for you. Good luck.

Steven Goldman, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Silicone implants in an 18 year-old patient are NOT illegal!

+1

Silicone gel implants are FDA-approved medical devices that licensed physicians (should be ABPS-certified plastic surgeons) can legally use in any patient they choose. Use in patients younger than 22 are considered "off label," but off-label use is commonplace in medicine and surgery, and entirely legal.

In a previous answer to you I explained how physicians utilize Botox "off-label" for the treatment of crow's feet lines around the eyes. I would bet that every surgeon who answered your questions about silicone implants uses Botox around the eyes, although Botox Cosmetic is FDA-approved ONLY for the treatment of glabellar frown lines (between the eyebrows). Perhaps they choose not to understand the comparison, but for properly-informed patients who choose to ask me for silicone implants, I am more than happy to use them, and will publicly state I have done so for properly-informed 18-22 year old women who have asked me to do so.

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Silicone gels may be possible.

+1

The FDA guidelines limit the use of the standard silicone gel implants to patients 22 years of age and older. There are exceptions and your plastic surgeon will be able to advise you after a consultation.

There is one gel implant, the CPG or "Gummy-Bear" which may be available for you as well because it falls under another set of rules. This implant has been studied for many years but has not yet been released by the FDA for general use.These implants are available only to women who fit he protocal for the study  and are available only by those of us who are involved in the research.

Please make your decision only after visiting with one or more board certified plastic surgeons for the best advice.

William H. Gorman, MD