Do I Have A Dropped Nose Tip?

I think my nose tip is dropping and became more round 4 months post rhinoseptoplasty. It wasn't like this in the first pics i took 2 months ago. You can judge by the pics. Profile is not too bad, but i hate the way it looks in a front view. Also my nostrils are uneven and i have difficulties breathing. Should i have a revision surgery?

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Do not consider a revision rhinoplasty for at least 6-12 months after your surgery. There are a lot of unknowns here that make answers to your questions difficult. Did you have significant breathing problems prior to your surgery? What type of breathing work was done during your surgery? Did you have an open or closed approach performed? Just like the final shape of you nose can be obscured by swelling, some breathing difficulties after surgery can also be due to swelling inside your nose. Allow your nose some healing time before seeking any revision surgery because its shape and your breathing may still improve over time.

Web reference: http://rhinoplastyofbeverlyhills.com/

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Yes, I think think you would benifit  from from revision rhinoplasty to address your asymmetric nostrils.  However, I do not recommend having this performed before 6-12 months from your initial rhinoplasty.

Dropped Nose Tip

+1

Nasal length, projection, and tip asymmetry can be corrected with revision rhinoplasty. Wait another 6-8 months before doing any additional surgery. 

4 months post-op

+1

The photos suggest that you may have a slight pollybeak deformity as well as alar notching and retraction - in general it is a good idea to wait about one year before seeking a revision.  

Web reference: http://www.seattlerhinoplasty.com/html/before_n_after_set.php?procedure=revision_rhinoplasty&id=03

Fixing crooked tip after Rhinoplasty

+1

Your photos are not the best quality but it appears that your nasal bridge was over resected (scooped), the nasal tip is at the proper angle of rotation however, the tip itself is asymmetric with the right tip cartilage (high point) rotated down and outward compared to the left which is further evidenced by the asymmetric and collapsed right nostril when comapred to the left.  There is excess scar tissue/swelling over the nasal tip.  These could be addressed during Revision Rhinoplasty at a minimum of 6 months after the previous Rhinoplasty.

Web reference: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Whats-Your-Number-The-Palmer-Code/53723954087

Problem is in bridge

+1

I agree with Dr Siegel.  It looks like your bridge is too low which makes the supratip area look fuller and the tip droopy.  It looks to be in good position and more rotation will not likely give you the results you are interested in.  For your revision, it is important someone with experience with revision rhinoplasty be consulted as this procedure can require very different techniques from the first surgery.  Good Luck

Colin D. Pero, MD

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do I Have A Dropped Nose Tip?

+1

The pictures are low resolution, so I will limit my comments to what I can see on these pictures.

It appears that the bridge was over-resected, and you have a slight supra tip fullness, giving the illusion that your tip is droopy, when in reality it is not. The angle between the nose and the upper lip is appropriate. Any more tip rotation will cause your nose to look feminine.

Your front view shows pinching of the left nostril, this is probably causing your breathing problems, as well as the over resected bridge.

Most likely you will require a revision rhinoplasty. I would seek an experienced rhinoplasty specialist, as you will require grafting to fix this problems.

Michel Siegel, MD

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision of the pollybeak nose with a low bridge.

+1

Revision of the pollybeak nose with a low bridge and asymmetrical tip can be done. This would involve elevation of the tip and grafting where too much was taken. Make sure to see an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon to do this!