Droping Eye Lid

I have one saggy eye lid it only started about 5 months ago and is worse when i am tired , i cant afford sugery and dont want to have it is there something else i can do !!

Eyelid Surgery

+1

Do not waste your money on magical creams or anything else similar.  See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, and determine what you need, then make a plan.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Limited options

+1

Dear Charlie in Peru,

Unfortunately, I agree with the others in that blepharoplasty, a surgery to remove excess eyelid skin, is really the best and probably only way to improve your situation. Many people notice the sagging especially when they are tired because they have been using their forehead and brow muscles to elevate the eyelids; at the end of the day when they are tired, that brow function decreases and the the lids feel heavier.   I'd either save up your money for surgery, or wait until they get bad enough for insurance to cover, which I would guess would be many years, judging by your photo.  I am not sure what the insurance guidelines are in Peru, however.

Good luck

Jasmine Mohadjer, MD

Oculoplastic Surgeon

Tampa Bay, FL

Jasmine Mohadjer, MD
Clearwater Oculoplastic Surgeon

The solution is surgical, but not expensive

+1

There is not a nonsurgical solution.  However, upper blepharoplasties may be performed under local anesthesia and are not very expensive, in the neighborhood of $2000.  You should be able to find an experienced surgeon without paying much more than this.  Recovery is easy and the scars typically do well, so it's a good operation for nervous patients.  You are best advised to have both upper lids treated.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Droping Eye Lid

+1

Have your eyes examined for corrective lenses if you don't have one. If your vision is poor, you will squint unconsciously, and that can further tire your eyes. Surgery is the only way to correct droopy eyelids.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

There are no real great non-surgical options.

+1

If you can't afford surgery or simple don't want surgery, my advice is to ignore the issue.  Sure your upper eyelids are heavy but that is not really going to affect the health of the eye.  It will be many, many years before the upper eyelids actually block the visual access.  So the non surgical solution is simply learn to live with the issue and when that no longer works, then consider doing something surgically.

Droopy eyelid and blepharoplasty

+1

Answer: only a blepharoplasty will treat the issue. 

you have a saggy eyelid on the right side. this is due to excess skin that weight down on your eyelid. Only a surgical removal will help. Botox will not and may make matter worse. If your vision is diminished on that side due to the excess skin then your medical insurance MAY pay for it. You need to see a Plastic surgeon to assess your visual field first. 

Henri P. Gaboriau, MD